Author Topic: 49ersParadise.com @ 21  (Read 16038 times)

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
49ersParadise.com @ 21
« on: August 11, 2016, 03:33:48 PM »
What a fantastic trip it's been.
As we approach the start of this season we have cause to celebrate.  Many of you probably don't even realise it ... but we have built a dynasty here.  No, I'm not talking about the new era of 49ers football we are about to embark on.  I'm talking about our <edit>21st</edit> season of covering the 49ers, at this site... this same site that was once known as 49ers Champ's Incredible Fan Paradise.  What a trip it's been.  You can read a good chunk of our history at: http://49ersparadise.com/site.shtml and I encourage you to do... but before you go clicking off, I wanted to say thank you.

<edit>Heading into our 21st season</edit> I've met some amazing people.  People I am proud to call my friends.  People who are a part of this community whether they frequently post, or occasionally visit.  People, who have helped build a dynasty to support the Red & Gold.  I couldn't have done it without all of you.  I mean that both literally and figuratively.  Your financial contributions, emotional support, ideas, coding, blogging, podcasting, interviewing, networking, reading and trust.  A very, very sincere thank you.   We have built something amazing here together... and I hope to continue to deliver more, better, faster. 

Your support is so important to our future... please help grow our community by spreading the word, and the reputation.  We are a place any 49ers fan can call home.  And we live by that. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:50:40 PM by Bryan_Admin »
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
Re: 49ersParadise.com @ 20
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »
Congrats Bry!
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline Scoots

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 05:04:27 PM »
Took a look and I'm just over a decade here :)

My oldest online account is still ebay ... starting there in 1996.  Sorry Bry, I didn't know about the Paradise then :)

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 05:41:23 PM »
Thanks guys

lol ... I suppose that ebay thing is understandable.  It's pretty amazing what weve done!
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 04:33:51 AM »
20 years! That's pretty amazing. I didn't even realize the Internet was that old :D
Success is temporary, loyalty is forever.

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 11:06:42 AM »
What's an 'internet' ?
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline commoncents

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
20 years and i've been here 12. wow.
"I'm not sure fans can appreciate the balance of Steve Mariucci, nor will they ever." - Chris Collinsworth during the 2003 WC Playoff GM

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 07:42:17 AM »
What's an 'internet' ?

So much for growing up in Silicon Valley I guess...  ::)
Success is temporary, loyalty is forever.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 08:42:27 AM »
you'd be surprised how often I actually have to answer the "what's the internet" question at my 'real' job.

Offline Scoots

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 01:16:37 PM »
you'd be surprised how often I actually have to answer the "what's the internet" question at my 'real' job.

I had to clarify what exactly a customer meant when she said she "had to reboot the internet".

Offline Bob

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »
My first post here was debating the merits of drafting Chad Pennington. Shortly thereafter, I was posting about how Julian Peterson would never turn out.
(I confess, I have an active imagination and daydream often).
-Tank

December 3rd, 6:41 PM

Offline boats

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 06:54:12 PM »
I'm just glad I found this place

Offline boats

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 06:56:01 PM »
I just look, 5 years I've coming to this place and I still feel like like the little kid in the room lol

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »
My first post here was debating the merits of drafting Chad Pennington. Shortly thereafter, I was posting about how Julian Peterson would never turn out.

Right in both cases!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 08:58:25 AM »
I remember being so resistive about going with a threaded forum instead of a single page guestbook style... gosh, imagine how confusing life would be today, if we still had a forum like this:
http://www.voy.com/6281/

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 11:49:37 PM »
Bad math... = 21 seasons... we'll have to celebrate at 25!

Offline TANK

• Super Bowl MVP
Re: 49ersParadise.com @ 21
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 06:10:31 PM »
Bryan, I want to say thank you for providing this outlet and creating this community of 49ers fans.  I think I arrived prior to 2000.  I want to say we discussed the 1999 draft (Reggie McGrew, Chike Okefor, etc.). Do you have any idea who your longest, actively participating member is?  I would love to see a reunion with ntodd51, STLNiner, Pastor Dave, Niner-4-Life, TIM, etc. and the current neighborhood.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
Re: 49ersParadise.com @ 21
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 12:44:29 AM »
Tank, I'd love to see some of the old faces... actually... I'd love to get also together for tailgate...
In our current forum, TIM was the first registered, that was back in 2004... but we had at least 3 if not for versions of this forum prior to that. 
The earliest recorded post of a forum conversation that I still have is you Tank, in Jan 2003. 
The earliest record I have a forum user is John Walsh July 8th 1998.

Wow that was a trip down memory lane!