Author Topic: In case you haven't seen yet...  (Read 54339 times)

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
In case you haven't seen yet...
« on: April 01, 2005, 10:08:05 AM »
For a special announcement involving 49ersparadise.com and 49erswebzone.com

http://49ersparadise.com/webzone.shtml
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 10:49:57 AM »
Just read that B looking forward to seeing that!!!

Are the 2 forums also combing B? 8)

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 10:54:51 AM »
B: ammalgamation, that rates up their with supercalafragalisticespyaladocious! Does this mean PARADISE forum would no longer be a stand alone sight overseen by PARADISE moderators?

"If you are not enjoying the journey, you probably will not enjoy the destination!"

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
  • I am ALWAYS right,(except when I'm wrong).
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 10:56:25 AM »
Not sure I like the idea . I kinda like our little family.
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

GET#SIX...and seven and eight and nine and ten... !!!

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 11:00:39 AM »
I just hope if the 2 forums combine that we all continue to get along the way we are used to.

One thing that makes this sight so special is the respect we all have for one anouther.  It is unparralelled and I have not seen anything close anywhere else.

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 11:01:26 AM »
TIM: Me to, of all the places I could go, I choose PARADISE because it is a mature and unique family. WEBZONE is like a group of unsupervised Jr. High boys carrying out their wildest fantasies on a web sight!

"If you are not enjoying the journey, you probably will not enjoy the destination!"

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 11:04:55 AM »
I hope the goof balls are gone before it happens unless this is anouther Aprils fools joke which i doubt.... :shock:  :D

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 11:05:26 AM »
I have not visited the Webzone in years but if it is what you say then I am dead set against the merger and would be very upset if it happens.
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 11:07:28 AM »
D: I think if that happened You & Papa would have to use your law enforcement experice to keep things under control. I would vote strongly against it unless there was tight moderation of content being posted.

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 11:07:44 AM »
I have not visited in a while but imho it is not even in the same ball park as the Dise.

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 11:10:27 AM »
D: I think they have more regular posters and some interesting stuff once in awhile but I prefer our nice little community, no comparison imho!

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 01:06:41 PM »
I like a few of the features at the zone and the fact that it IS different. Now we're all going to combine? I'm not sure it will work.

The two sites are two totally different communities each with their own set of issues and benefits. I will go to the zone sometimes for a laugh more than anything else. I recently saw a thread that was many pages long that discussed of all things; "farts". No way that would have flown in the Dise, and I've seen alot of disharmony and disrespect shown amongst the members on many ocassions.

Just my 2 cents fwiw.

Offline STLNiner

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 07:37:04 PM »
Bryan, not sure I like this move. I've grown very comfortable here at the Dise, and very much appreciate the way everyone (pretty much) gets along. We talk Niners football here, and while that may not draw as many people as some other places, it draws the kind of people I want to talk football with. I hope all the angles have been / will be covered before this move is made.
Touchdown 49ers!

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 08:02:37 PM »
Quote from: STLNiner
Bryan, not sure I like this move. I've grown very comfortable here at the Dise, and very much appreciate the way everyone (pretty much) gets along. We talk Niners football here, and while that may not draw as many people as some other places, it draws the kind of people I want to talk football with. I hope all the angles have been / will be covered before this move is made.

Very true.

:idea:

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 08:13:35 PM »
I think colaberating on many things(the chats etc.) would be great for both the Paradise and the Zone BUT I strongly wish the forums would remain seperate. I hope nothing has been finalized .
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 08:23:37 PM »
We just do not know T if they will be joined that is why I asked....

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005, 08:53:48 PM »
I've looked at WZ and a few others and here is why I always return to the 'Dise. In all the others, the conversation goes something like this:

Person 1: I think xyz.
Person 2: xyz?? I question your sexual orientation!
Person 1: Your mother keeps company with barnyard animals.

Here though, you get (usually) thoughtful discourse. We have some experts in cap-ology, draft-olgy, and even somebody with (some) medical experience who can comment on inuries and such. The conversation is generally respectful and almost always executive-like in its analysis.

If the merger means the talk degenerates into the example shown above, I for one, will miss what we enjoy today, and will partcipate much less, if at all.
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2005, 09:02:06 PM »
Maybe Bry is just messing with us and this was a April fools joke that he put over on all us fools in the Paradise. Why else do you think he is letting us all comment like this and stew in our juices without chiming in with any comments himself? (at least this is my hope).
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2005, 09:05:18 PM »
If that is the case, we will have no choice but to kill him.
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2005, 09:13:31 PM »
Quote from: cervant
If that is the case, we will have no choice but to kill him.

Maybe Bry knows that and that is why he is hiding out today ?  I think Papa is getting his fishing boat ready and laying in a supply of quick dry cement just in case the merger is true!  :wink:
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2005, 10:52:31 PM »
I'll support Bryan but I think a few others may visit the twighlight zone.

Offline ntodd51

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2005, 01:05:18 AM »
I think everyone needs to relax and wait and see what bryan has to say, before we demand this and that something that alot of us seem to be forgeting this is his site and if this is what he wishes we need to live with it or move on.
Webzone although is different from here does have some good posters. Like here some are better than others, but one thing we do need to watch it if this does go through we don;t need to attack them saying "well our board is better than yours"
if that starts then this transition we are more than likely going to have to endure is going tobe much harder on not only us but also Bryan.
I think everyone should take a deep breathe and relax.
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his or her patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.  - Thomas A. Edison

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2005, 01:20:15 AM »
Or eat some ice cream  :D

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2005, 09:45:01 AM »
I think it is an Aprils fools day joke and we all took hook line and sinker on dry-land!!!!!!!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2005, 10:08:04 AM »
TIM
you are one smart dude!
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2005, 12:40:48 PM »
I'm relieved it was a joke, now about that fishing trip Bryan......

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2005, 01:27:11 PM »
B: You!!!!!!!!! Your good!!!!!!!!!! Thats it! Now I know I'm sending "the robe" (tattered and all) special delivery!

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2005, 03:29:52 PM »
OK, who wants the contract on B? I've got $11.83 that's burning a hole in my pocket.

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2005, 03:37:11 PM »
Quote from: Bryan_Admin
TIM
you are one smart dude!

Not smart enough . I fell for the gag hook line and sinker(speaking of fishing,Papa wants to speak to you :wink: ) until you let us hang without saying anything for most of the day,then I started to figure it out. But I was never sure it wasn't true until this afternoon when I read it was just a April Fools joke.And boy were we a bunch of gullable FOOLS !
One good thing about this is that you got to see just how much we all appreciate the site you provide us with and how upset we all were at the prospect that we might lose it. I am sure I speak for all the Paradise members when I say THANK YOU for all you do to make the Paradise unique and THE BEST 49ers site on the web !!! and...DON'T DO THAT AGAIN  :twisted:  :wink:  :wink:  :lol:  :oops:
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2005, 03:45:08 PM »
lol You guys are awesome!

The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year. — Mark Twain

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2005, 04:09:59 PM »
Glad we are still going to be the class of the net for Niners fans!

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2005, 04:30:38 PM »
B: I had to take a double dose of my blood pressure medication after that news yesterday! So you are on the hook for any coronary problems I may incurr in the next few days!  :shock: Just kidding!  8)

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 05:52:23 PM »
Should we boycott :?:  :wink:  :!:  :shock:

No on second thought I think i would go into worse withdrawls then a crack head who can't find his pipe :!:

Trust me I have seen that and it ain't pretty. :?

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 06:39:27 PM »
Quote from: 49ertothecore
B: You!!!!!!!!! Your good!!!!!!!!!! Thats it! Now I know I'm sending "the robe" (tattered and all) special delivery!

Is that from Analyze That? That's funny. Now send the robe to Bryan after not laundering it for a few months.

That's what I call revenge!

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2005, 06:41:03 PM »
Quote from: cervant
OK, who wants the contract on B? I've got $11.83 that's burning a hole in my pocket.

With gas prices the way they are nowadays that will get me out of my driveway! No, I'll need at LEAST 12 bucks!