Author Topic: Corner Writer Changes  (Read 65500 times)

Offline Niner-4-Life

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2004, 08:41:54 AM »
Quote from: TIM
Quote from: twinspapa
I had his back too and does he thank me?? NOOOOOOOOO.

:wink:

Same for me Papa. I fought N4L's  fight and had his back with JB and does he thank me(us) NOOOOOOOOO !  :wink:

Again, I didn't read the rest of the thread after I posted my response to being called a hypocrite.  To everyone who backed me and defended me while I was away, thank you.  So TIM, what did you say in my defense in that thread?  Man, I LOVE this place!  I'm sittin' in Tennesse and I've got my boys out in Alaska (via Hawaii), California, and Canada rushing to my defense while I've got my back turned.  Not only the smartest fans on the web, but the most loyal...to the team and each other.
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2004, 08:57:32 AM »
N4L: Where is the love? I was the first one to come to you aid & I  got completely overlooked. Thats alright the rest of the guys need the pats on the back more than I do. I warned him that his "tone" was inappropriate and that he would probably be hearing from the King B. I still think he was tweaked that You & I didn't see Garcia in the same light as he did.

"If you are not enjoying the journey, you probably will not enjoy the destination!"

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2004, 10:13:21 AM »
4 L I'd have had your back but was not aware that he called you a hypocrite as it happpened during a stretch where i was in and out and i missed the post until pa pa brought it too my attention. No doubt I would have politely told him he was wrong to talk  to anyone in that fashion.  BTW don't let Core fool ya' he's a cunning individual!!!

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2004, 10:26:58 AM »
D: To be specific, Martin & I were conversing about Garcia & how I wished him well in Clevland and I didn't want anyone to think I had anything personal against Garcia and N4L explained he just couldn't wish the Browns well and good old Jeremy lowered the boom, talking about being blind sided, N4L was wondering if Jeremy was a closet Browns fan.

"If you are not enjoying the journey, you probably will not enjoy the destination!"

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2004, 10:43:17 AM »
J - stupidly I didn't save the thread before deleting it.  Sorry.

I want to thank everyone for their very kind comments to me about this site.  I really can't express how much they mean to me (and I do say that quite a bit, but it's true).  The fact is, without community members like all of you, this site would stink, so if I deserve any credit, you all deserve just as much.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2004, 10:48:17 AM »
Quote from: 49ertothecore
D: To be specific, Martin & I were conversing about Garcia & how I wished him well in Clevland and I didn't want anyone to think I had anything personal against Garcia and N4L explained he just couldn't wish the Browns well and good old Jeremy lowered the boom, talking about being blind sided, N4L was wondering if Jeremy was a closet Browns fan.

Core I remember reading the posts you mentioned but missed the ones that followed (the attacks)....

Boss it's the members that make this sight the best!

Plus we are the smartest group of fans on the web!

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2004, 12:08:46 PM »
OK everybody! Group hug!

Offline Niner-4-Life

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2004, 12:27:40 PM »
N4L: Where is the love? I was the first one to come to you aid & I  got completely overlooked. Thats alright the rest of the guys need the pats on the back more than I do. I warned him that his "tone" was inappropriate and that he would probably be hearing from the King B. I still think he was tweaked that You & I didn't see Garcia in the same light as he did.

I did actually see the post where you warned JB about his "tone" and I didn't give you your props for sticking up for me and for Paradise.  Hey Core, how about I "show the love" next month and pick up the tab at Cracker Barrell?

What's cool is that Bryan said he had "received several complaints" about the way he was handling himself.  Well I wasn't one of those people who complained, so to those of you who did, thanks.

Offline zeke04

• Starter
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2004, 01:55:24 PM »
Quote from: twinspapa
OK everybody! Group hug!

:lol:

D-roc is going to love this!

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2004, 02:14:51 PM »
N4L: Sounds like a winner. We just need to co-ordinate the times. Enjoy game 2 tonight. By the way, how is your younger brother doing?

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2004, 02:20:27 PM »
as much as I love the thread here cause of all the kind words, is it time to lock up and move on?
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2004, 05:05:32 PM »
Probably is time to move on after our group hug!

Offline Niner-4-Life

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2004, 08:35:13 AM »
N4L: Sounds like a winner. We just need to co-ordinate the times. Enjoy game 2 tonight. By the way, how is your younger brother doing?

Gotcha on the times.  It'll probably be very close to the way it worked out last year.  I'll just need your number and the cliff notes version of the directions again.

Miriam and I watched Game 2 with my little brother in the hospital last night.  Man, it was tough to stay quiet.  We just went bezerk when Kobe dropped the trey with 2.1 seconds left!

He had a 3 hour surgery on his foot yesterday.  They removed the plate and 8 screws that were in the bottom of his foot from a previous surgery plus two golfball-sized growths that the doc sent off for analysis.  There was a bad staph infection and some dead flesh that had to be removed too.  He's dosed on Demerol and pumped up on antibiotics right now, but he was aware enough last night to enjoy the game.  He's feeling better and we're all just praying that this is the end of his surgeries.

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2004, 09:02:20 AM »
N4L: That was an awesome game. I love to see 2 good teams going at each other. My kids asked me if Kobe was better than Michael and I said, pretty close, but Michael was the best offensive & defensive player and he didn't have compliment like Shaq. The guy live for the big moments like Michael though.

Wow, I am really hoping & praying with you that this last surgery will do it for you brother. Sounds like you guys are pretty close, very nice of You & Miriam to be with him. What is you brother's name.

No problem on meeting in July, we'll get it all together before then. Looking forward to it.

Offline Niner-4-Life

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2004, 09:04:50 AM »
Awesome isn't the word for it.  I was glad I was in the hospital, because I thought I felt "the big one" coming on ala Fred Sanford!

Core, 'baby' brother's name is Keith Harman (1/2 by blood, but 100% my brother!).

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2004, 12:10:45 PM »
N4L - best wishes toyour bro.

and yes it was a great game!

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »
4 L best wishes to your brother "brother"!!!!!!

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2004, 10:46:51 PM »
Hey boss maybe you should lower the boom on Twins if he doesn't get something really good put togehter by tommorow? It should also be espn worthy as it's been so long since he did any writing?! :shock:  :shock:  :wink:  :wink:  :D Like I said before mine will win a pulitzer by the time he gets his completed? He's always lagging I don't know why? Wonder if he is intimidated by me?! :shock:  :lol: Have a talk with him and calm him down please? :?  :D

Offline Niner-4-Life

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2004, 09:18:29 AM »
Great things take time D-Roc.

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »
thats true my bad 4 L i just hope my eyes don't hurt after reading his "latest"!!!!!!!!

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2004, 09:29:20 AM »
D: Up  there in Alaska they "smoke" things. I'm sure PAPA's next home smoked work will be something to behold. Like read & be amazed!

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2004, 09:36:42 AM »
Ya' they smoke things alright and not just fish either! Seriously though he is one hulluva writer and after reading his stuff I don't "feel worthy"!!

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2004, 01:00:50 PM »
core you must have esp. we were smoking stuff but not any of the things we have discussed like fish etc. We were putting together a sweat lodge for the upcoming Spirit Camp '04.

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2004, 09:04:38 PM »
Is there anything you don't have your hands into Twins? Thats really great NOW where is my smoked Salmon you "promised me in your drunken stupor/phone conversation with me??????????!!!!!!! Unlike Core I WILL mail you BACK your MAILABLE ice!!!!!