Author Topic: Corner Writer Changes  (Read 65515 times)

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
Corner Writer Changes
« on: June 05, 2004, 11:11:41 AM »
Hey Folks,
Most of you are probably aware that I have been very busy the past few days and not in the forum too often.  In response to a topic that has now been removed from the site at the request of the author "Jeremy Burnham" I sent Jeremy the following personal message:

"JB - I have that I have to write this message, but regarding your posts in the thread:

http://49ersparadise.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9959#9959

I have received several complaints about the way you are handling yourself, especially since you are Corner Writer representing this forum.

Calling someone a "hypocrit" whether they are or aren't is a personal attack which is not allowed on this forum.

"What, peopel can't speak their minds here? I can back up everythign I say. It's not like I'm attacking without cause. It's a fair and very good point. Just because it my not be what he wants to hear, means I can't say it? Bull. If B wants to warn me thats fine, then I'm out. It's up to him. I'm not going to change my ways here."

"attacking without cause" is irrelevant on this forum. There is to be NO attacking period. You can speak your mind, I encourage you to have differences of opinion, they key is not letting it get personal. This is not illegal URL or like many other forums on the net, and one of the key reasons for that is that there are NO, absolutely NO personal attacks.

I am indeed warning you over this thread. Because quite simply you are breaking the rules. The rules are not different for you, or any other corner writer. I don't want you to 'leave' because of this, but if you feel I am treating you poorly, or wrongly, and that you have to leave, than that is of course your choice, but not something I would like to see happen.

Let it be known that I have your back the majority of times, I am not taking the side of a member over yours, rather, I am explaining to you how your broke the rules of the forum, and what you can do so that you don't break them again.  [This explanation was needed due to a situation between Jeremy and the owner of illegal URL]

you also write "I'm not even attacking him" which is clearly not true, as you even admit in previously quoted parts of this message to attacking him.
"

To which Jeremy responded:
"Please have all my articles removed ASAP. You are full of crap"

and also

"Get my articles off the site ASAP!!!  

I don't need your **** any longer. I stayedwith your site because I
said I would not write just until I found something else  and leave,
and I am one who keeps his word. That is the only reason I wass still
there, but that does NOT mean I have to put up with ****. You have no
CLUE what an attack is. Calling someone an "idiot" is. Saying what I
said was not becasue it can be defined. An idiot is pretty much anyone
who didagress with the person. Other names have certen things that the
person has to fall in to to be what he was called. It is fact base and
stating facts is not attacking.

Anyway, this site does not allow for free speach at all which really
sucks. I did the best to blind with all your stupid rules that enough
is enough. Please have all my articles taken down ASAP, thanks

Jeremy Burnham - illegal URL"

...before I continue I would like to express my apologies for all the profanity and harsh words in this thread... As you all know I don't typically post an entire topic about a person leaving the site, but since he was a corner writer, I felt an explanation was necessary.

I have great pride in this site, and the community that has been built here at 49ers Paradise.  I strive to maintain order at this site, and make it a place where people can talk about anything 49ers.  Some people think they are above the law, or simply choose to ignore it.  This is a perfect example of how the rules apply to everyone, regardless of status.  Yes, there are limits to our free speech in here.  There's no doubt about that.  We are limited from bashing each other, swearing, and from flat out being disrespectful. I find that these small limits are enough to maintain order, and have done a great job in keeping this forum going strong for over seven years.

Once again I am sorry if anyone's feelings were hurt in the manner, and that I was unable to address this problem sooner.  Jeremy has not been banned, but has been warned.  Should the rules of this site be violated by him subsequently he will indeed be banned.

Jeremy has chosen not to write for this site anymore, but if you are still interested in reading his articles, you can do so at illegal URL (man they are getting lots of publicity on this site today)
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline JBurnham

• Probation
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 11:32:21 AM »
HAhahahahah!!! That's funny as hell. "I would like to express my apologies for all the profanity and harsh words in this thread". HAha, then why have them. There is no reson to post my email to you.  Explanation was necessary? Yea, but what does that have to do with posting my email? You can explain jusst fine without posting an email from ONE person to ONE person. Why did you post mine email? Becasue YOU are the one that wants to make it personel. That's fine lol. I stand by everything. I didn't see you are being so pitty though B. It kinda saddens me...

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 01:18:58 PM »
...and there he goes.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 05:21:02 PM »
What a bummer. I belive I may have dealt with Jeremy before on another site (it may have even been here?) and was hoping he had matured enough to maintain and he seemed to be well on his way. I don't believe any one here went after JB even after his outburst. It shocked me and I attempted to reason with him. I support the process you went though in order to correct the situation and I am sorry to see him leave.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 06:04:21 PM »
Thanks Nate.  I was sorry to see him leave too, but it seems that he is not willing to play within the rules, and be mature like the rest of us, so unfortunately this is how it had to end.

He sent me another email, more of the same stuff.  Mainly complaining now that he has been banned from the site, and that I shouldn't have posted his email.  

I thought and still think that posting the discussion I had with him was the best way to explain what had happened.

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 06:18:55 PM »
It's too bad I liked reading his stuff.... What brought all this on to begin with Boss?

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 06:26:03 PM »
It involved his stance on how the HC of Cleveland left his previous HC job in a seemingly deceptive way and how he felt DEER pulled the same thing when he left the ducks to come to SF. Anyway it took to his calling the other member a hypocrite for having that opinion and went downhill fast from there.

I agree about posting his emails because then there's no accusations of "editing". Bottom line was that something has gone wrong in JB Land and what, we may never know. It really degraded to personal attacks and basically saying he didn't care what anyone thought etc.

A real bummer. I hate seeing a colleague take a bad turn like that.

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 06:34:13 PM »
What thread is that located in pa pa? I must confess i missed that exchange.... I am glad i did....

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 09:57:57 PM »
Droc I had to delete the thread because it was in a thread that had his article in it.

Offline zeke04

• Starter
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2004, 10:51:57 PM »
I'm gone for a few weeks and look what happens.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2004, 01:34:48 AM »
but it's awesome to have you back!

Offline zeke04

• Starter
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004, 02:15:48 AM »
thanks B!

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
  • I am ALWAYS right,(except when I'm wrong).
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2004, 02:47:43 AM »
Welcome back Zeke ! D has been asking about you.Everything OK ?
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

GET#SIX...and seven and eight and nine and ten... !!!

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2004, 02:57:58 AM »
Quote from: twinspapa
Bottom line was that something has gone wrong in JB Land and what, we may never know. It really degraded to personal attacks and basically saying he didn't care what anyone thought etc.

A real bummer. I hate seeing a colleague take a bad turn like that.

I think both you and Bry were very fair and resonable with him and I agree that he must be having some personal problems for him to start acting in his recent manner. I hope that everything turns out well for him and that any personal problems he may be having that may have caused him to lash out in anger will soon be resolved.  :(
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2004, 07:01:35 AM »
I think Greek is/was J.B cause you notice after J.B. got banned about 3 min. later Greek  shows up! Great to have you back Greek and don't be a stranger my man! I can't keep carrying these guys without your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ntodd51

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2004, 10:34:17 AM »
i am with zeke, you step away for awhile and all hell breaks loose haha
B i agree with the way you handled the situation. This is really how i feel and why i enjoy it here in this board is that you don;t stand for the type of crap he was trying to pull. this is what seperates 49ers paradise from webzone of illegal URL, i mean you could probably go to any topic on any of those boards and see at least one or two attacks on how someone an"idiot" and honestly i don't have time for that crap, i come here becasue you guys give educated real opinions with out the BS and i appreciate it. thank you guys everyone from B on down the line for makeing this above and beyond the best niner site on the web.
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his or her patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.  - Thomas A. Edison

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2004, 05:01:32 PM »
B: It is sad that it ended this way but I think you did the right thing. Like you said you got to have some basic rules to abide by to maintain peace and respect on the sight. Jeremy is a pretty young guy if I remember right and I hope this little discipline will help him realize that its one thing to disagree and another to make it personal. I know we all have strong opinions from time to time and we all must exercise restraint and respect for each other. Sorry you had to go thru all this but I agree that you did what you had to do. Like TIM said I hope if he is having personal problems that it all works out okay for him.

"If you are not enjoying the journey, you probably will not enjoy the destination!"

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2004, 07:38:25 PM »
Quote from: ntodd51
i am with zeke, you step away for awhile and all hell breaks loose haha
B i agree with the way you handled the situation. This is really how i feel and why i enjoy it here in this board is that you don;t stand for the type of crap he was trying to pull. this is what seperates 49ers paradise from webzone of illegal URL, i mean you could probably go to any topic on any of those boards and see at least one or two attacks on how someone an"idiot" and honestly i don't have time for that crap, i come here becasue you guys give educated real opinions with out the BS and i appreciate it. thank you guys everyone from B on down the line for makeing this above and beyond the best niner site on the web.

I echo that post 110% ntodd.   I'll add this to it. We all come here because of the love and the passion we all share in common for the best football team in league history. We do not always agree, but it wouldn't be any fun if we did. I love the difference of opinions on this sight. I also love the respect we all ussually show one anouther. This is our passion our love.  The DISE is fun because we all know how to behave. It's not so much disagreeing but how we disagree. I can disagree with you in a respectful manner and vice versa. Your so right that is what seperates the DISE from all the other sights. It's simply the best sight on the net for the DIE-HARDS like us....  When i stop enjoying myself here (never happen) i won't return..  It''s like Core said if you can't enjoy the journey then you probably won't enjoy the desitination.   :wink:

Offline Pastor Dave

• Starter
Bryan's efforts
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2004, 11:24:24 PM »
Bryan, I appreciate your words above -- "I would like to express my apologies for all the profanity and harsh words in this thread.... I have great pride in this site, and the community that has been built here at 49ers Paradise. I strive to maintain order at this site, and make it a place where people can talk about anything 49ers."

This is one of the reasons I enjoy your site so much.  You are one of the few that insist on decorum and a decent dialogue instead of the usual profanity and name-calling.  Your efforts do not go unnoticed.  I read more than I post, but I'm probably not the only one who has your site bookmarked as a "must-read" site to keep up with 49er news and happenings.

Keep up the good work.
"He will throw you like a ball to a far country." - Isaiah 22:18 ... Even God is a sports fan!

Offline hawaii49

• Starter
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2004, 01:40:31 AM »
Way to run this board in a professional manner, Bryan! You are wise beyond your years and we all give our mahalos for that.  This site is, indeed, a labor of love!

Your pal,  Sadie

Offline Niner-4-Life

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2004, 11:34:11 AM »
JBurnham got 'in trouble' by calling me a hypocrite in a former thread stemming from his latest article.  I stated that I couldn't wish the Browns well for a variety of reasons, one of which was the way Butch Davis left the Hurricanes.  One day he tells his team he's staying and the next day(it may not have been the VERY next day, but it was less than a week later) he took the Cleveland job.  I just don't see how I'm a hypocrite.  I stated a few reasons why I can't wish the Browns well.  I really don't like Jeff Garcia.  I really don't like the way Policy and Clark left the 49ers in the lurch, although Policy is gone now right?  And I didn't appreciate how Butch Davis left the Miami team.  Now I never said I liked Erickson or the way he left OSU.  I do think the two situations were different though.  Davis left a national title contending team and he told his players and recruits he was staying.  The next day, the Browns announced him as the head coach.  Erickson's situation was a little different.  OSU had a blue-chip QB prospect who had decided to go to OSU over U of Tenn.  He was upset Erickson wasn't staying, but he decided to keep his committment even though Erickson did not.  Was the way Mariucci left Cal any different?  Is the way any college head coach leaves different.  In any case, I don't like it.  I hate when a college coach runs the recruiting season and tells the team and the recruits "I'm staying" and after signing day he bolts.  

Now I'll always resent the way Erickson left the team also.  It will bug me as long as he's the 49ers head coach.  Am I going to not pull for the 49ers because I think Erickson is a jerk for the way he left OSU, no of course not.  Just like I wouldn't expect Browns fans to not pull for Cleveland given the Davis situation.  BUT the way Davis left Miami was ONE reason I don't like the organization.  It was not the ONLY reason.  So if me wanting the 49ers to win even though it means pulling for Erickson to win make me a hypocrite, then so be it.  I'll change my name to "Niner-Hypocrite-4-Life and continue to add my two cents worth in here in spite of any name-calling.

BTW, Bryan I appreciate you having my back.  I chose this site because the discussions are fun, lively, and free from malice.  Once in a great while there's a spat, but usually it's minor and quickly handled.  You are mature beyond your years and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the WAY you run this site.  So many forums and message boards are full of profanity and insults and aren't any kind of fun to be a part of.  49ers Paradise is a great, family place to call 'home'.  Thanks again.
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2004, 11:57:01 AM »
N4L: "Your hypocrisy knows no limits!" -- just kidding  :wink: I still think Jeremy was upset because you & I don't see Garcia in a positive light. I agree, if PARADISE was like other sites out there I wouldn't hang my hat here. B does a great job, especially for being a young, yuppie computer nerd!  8) The man has the patience of Job, I mean who else could handle d-tox for so long.

btw, did you see the Laker thread?

"If you are not enjoying the journey, you probably will not enjoy the destination!"

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2004, 12:14:38 PM »
I had his back too and does he thank me?? NOOOOOOOOO.

:wink:

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2004, 12:23:24 PM »
twinspapa: No worries, your legend proceeds you, it unfortunate but the great ones get taken for granted, someday you will get the props you rightfully deserve. D-tox, that attention grabbing grub is always try to steal the show. Poor guy he is like the Queen of Hearts, he is a loser but he keeps on trying anyways!  :wink:  :lol:  8)

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2004, 03:24:09 PM »
LIKE the queen of hearts?? He IS the queen of hearts!  :shock:  :lol:

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2004, 03:25:18 PM »
Love ya back :wink:

Offline Niner-4-Life

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2004, 04:54:04 PM »

'
Did you?  Are you talking about earlier in this thread or are you talking about in the original thread?  I didn't see the rest of the 'hypocrite' thread after I had posted, so if you were there to defend my honor then mahalo brah!!!  So what did you say?
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • HyperSolutions
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2004, 05:01:53 PM »
I attempted a diplomacy tact but it pretty much failed (miserably). I stated that while he may not necessarily agree there is a way to disagree without personally attacking the member with whom you disagree. I asked him to consider reconciling with you and he basically said no, well actually he said f---k no.

Offline 49ertothecore

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2004, 05:06:29 PM »
twinspapa: Ya he sounded like "My Way or the Highway type." We don't need attitudes like that in here, its bad enough having to tolerate D-rocks d-toxing all the time.  :shock:

Offline J

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2004, 05:43:59 PM »
apparently i missed this whole thing.  maybe i wasn't reading the guy's articles.  talk about asleep at the wheel (at least that's what the cop said, LOL).  Guess i'll just have to scope out the site more often!  It's a tough job (reading and conversing about the Niners), but i'll manage somehow.
"I drank what?"--Socrates

Offline J

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2004, 05:44:57 PM »
B: in a morbid, watching the results of a car accident kind of way, i'd like to read that thread if at all possible.
"I drank what?"--Socrates

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2004, 11:34:18 PM »
Quote from: 49ertothecore
twinspapa: No worries, your legend proceeds you, it unfortunate but the great ones get taken for granted, someday you will get the props you rightfully deserve. D-tox, that attention grabbing grub is always try to steal the show. Poor guy he is like the Queen of Hearts, he is a loser but he keeps on trying anyways!  :wink:  :lol:  8)

lmao god I love you guys! The thing you forget Core is HIS legend PRE-CEEDS me! :wink:

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2004, 11:37:29 PM »
Quote from: 49ertothecore
twinspapa: Ya he sounded like "My Way or the Highway type." We don't need attitudes like that in here, its bad enough having to tolerate D-rocks d-toxing all the time.  :shock:

No doubt Core it's not that we disagree but HOW we all do so. Much love my man! :D

What the hell did you do BEFORE i came in here? WHO did you haress?! :wink:

I just keep in mind the MORE they mess with you the MORE they like you BARRING pa pa of course! :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

D-roc

(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2004, 11:43:39 PM »
LIKE the queen of hearts?? He IS the queen of hearts!  :shock:  :lol:

NOW THAT is funny AND crazy TRUST me AXE 'K ANYONE who knows me I am ALOT of things but.......... will never be mistaken for one of em'!

I like the broads way too much!  

now if you talkin' bout the song by YES "owner of a lonely heart" (Great song-)  thats different but beacause of my "indescretions" i did it too myself!    :cry:  

Core he's just jealous cause i am Italian and get more broads then he does!  :wink:

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2004, 04:17:19 AM »

Same for me Papa. I fought N4L's  fight and had his back with JB and does he thank me(us) NOOOOOOOOO !  :wink:
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.