Author Topic: Tailgaters?  (Read 15726 times)

Offline Sandeep

• Starter
    • MySpace Page
Tailgaters?
« on: June 16, 2006, 04:16:53 PM »
I was just wondering if any season ticket holders know of any groups of tailgaters who come real early just hang out and party before home games? I'm a new season ticket holder and would love to meet some cool people.

I know it'll be a while before the season starts but figured it can't hurt to ask  :D

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
Re: Tailgaters?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:12:47 PM »
Sandeep - Quite a few fans get to the stadium at 9AM (4 hours before the gates open) some even get there by 7-8AM!!!

I normally don't arrive until closer to 9AM...

All the tailgating fans are great! Very friendly.

Offline Niner 24-7

• Probation
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »
I'll be attending my first game of the season this weekend.
Jerry!!
I bought several tickets for a group of friends, and we'd
like to tailgate.

Obviously, I am not a season ticket holder and have not
tailgated before.  So I have the following question:

Q: Is tailgating only done in the main parking lot for season
ticket holders?

Offline Sandeep

• Starter
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 05:35:52 PM »
Hi Niner24-7. You'll see many tailgaters in all of the lots, but you'll definitely have the most fun if you park in the main lot. The most hardcore fans are there and everytime I go there you can usually count on meeting some friendly 49ers fans to hang out with. In addition I've found it quicker to get out after the game when parked there. If you want to get into the main lot, you'll have to either have a prepaid parking pass (that season ticket holders have the option of buying before the season), or get there pretty early- before 10 and you should be OK.

I'll be at the Seattle game with a buddy of mine and we'll probably be there early to grill up some food and drink some beers (much cheaper than the $8 beers inside the park!).

Offline Niner 24-7

• Probation
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:26:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Sandeep!  That helps out a lot.  I'll be planning to get there around 9:30am to ensure a parking space in the main lot.  Let the playoff race begin!  Go Niners!

Offline RaiderHater

• Water Boy
    • Club 49 Tailgate Crew
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 01:41:57 AM »
I was just wondering if any season ticket holders know of any groups of tailgaters who come real early just hang out and party before home games? I'm a new season ticket holder and would love to meet some cool people.

I know it'll be a while before the season starts but figured it can't hurt to ask  :D

Me and my tailgate crew are usually there by 7am to 7:30am..

We love tailgating and always have a big party going on for every game.....

If you don't tailgate at the Niner games, you are not living the entire game day experience..

it's a blast out there in the parking lots.

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 02:39:21 AM »

I know it'll be a while before the season starts but figured it can't hurt to ask :D

If you don't tailgate at the Niner games, you are not living the entire game day experience..

I'm with you on that one!! I have always been there by 9AM & tailgated with the Newberry's!!!  (Since J has signed with the Faiders, not sure what will happen in the upcoming season!!!)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 08:06:36 AM »
I'm with you on that one!! I have always been there by 9AM & tailgated with the Newberry's!!!  (Since J has signed with the Faiders, not sure what will happen in the upcoming season!!!)
Walking down memory lane here....it was so cool when you introduced me to JNew!

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 08:36:23 AM »
He was always good to the fans out there tailgating!!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 11:19:30 AM »
Jules I'm sure you'll find another OL to take you in :)
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline Sandeep

• Starter
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 12:29:19 PM »

Hi RaiderHater- yeah I posted that before last season, not sure what to really expect... after a full season (OK well I was only at 6 of the 8 games) I have to completely agree with you. Every single game I had such a blast jsut hanging out in the lot, chatting with fellow tailgaters, getting psyched up for 1pm. Definitely a necessary part of the full game day experience. I can't wait for September to roll around again!

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »
Jules I'm sure you'll find another OL to take you in :)

As far as I know, no other player's family does what the Newberry's did for pre-game (and post game for that matter!!) They all live outside of the Bay Area!

I know Smiley likes me! (Then again I do wear his jersey!! LOL!!)

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 11:15:27 PM »
I agree Bryan, no doubt some other player(s) and families will "adopt" Julie!