Author Topic: Question to 49ers fans living in SF area?  (Read 14450 times)

Offline ALLPoWeRFUL J

• Probation
Question to 49ers fans living in SF area?
« on: July 11, 2006, 08:44:17 PM »
I asked this before but I need to ask again cause I couldn't get the responses.I live in NYC and I am going to see the SF vs Oak game on October 8th.This is sort of like a 3 part question:
1.What area should I be looking to stay at to party for the weekend?Fishermans Wharf,Union Square???I am trying to find a good hotel and they can do a search on some sites based on the area alone that I want to stay at.Want to be in an area thats good to go out get waisted and have fun.
2.Do any of you have any suggestions as far as hotels?Want to pay around 150 a night the most but if it is a decent place maybe I would go a little more but basically in that area.
3.Whats the easiest way to get to the stadium?

Any help would be appreciated.Also if anyone could name some good places to hang out as far as bars and clubs that will have alot of people and be a good place to hang out and have fun and what area they are in?Thanks
Offense Sells Tickets , But Defense Wins Championships.

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
Re: Question to 49ers fans living in SF area?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 12:33:50 AM »
I have 2 suggestions... Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square. Both should be close to the bus line that will take you straight to the stadium.

Otherwise, find something in South San Francisco. You will still find bus acceess to the stadium, but not as much fun in the 'Night Life' area!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 01:14:48 PM »
I don't live in the SF area but had the opportunity to see the Cardinals game back in december (with Julie as my guide  :D).

I stayed relatively cheap in South San Francisco and had no problems getting around. I have heard most recommandations about Fisherman's Wharf though.

Offline cains

• Water Boy
  • Danish Bacon
    • Poker Rakeback
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 11:48:21 AM »
Hey all...

Will try and post in here, and hope more people see this, so they can help out APJ...

Well and me also.. Couse im from denmark.. I have never been in the US, but im going in november.
3weeks.. And 1week will be spend in SF.. And i have secured my ticket for 49'ers vs Vikings game. :D

But like APJ, i would like to hear, where its best to go out having a drink or 10. :)
Also would like to hear, where its the best to watch some monday night football???

Im staying at the Ramada Plaza Downtown hotel

Edit: Uhh can see this is actually my first post ever here...  So an introduction would be good.. :)

My name is Carsten
Living in Aarhus , Denmark (2nd largest city aprox 250.000 citizen)
Been 49'ers fan since 86,87 i think.. 
Could not see it on danish telly before mid 90th
Sadly they havent showed much because of the bad results, but i hope we will
be back on top shortly ... :)

Im a electronic technician..
In freetime watching soccer with friends, or gamble with sports betting and poker.  :)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 11:51:34 AM by cains »

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 04:58:37 PM »
Velcome to the dise, cains!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 09:59:43 AM »
Welcome Caints!

I stayed in Union square and had no problem getting anywhere... bus lines were easy, so were trains (went out to santa clara, this was off-season, when I went for a game, I flew in and out the same day).  We stayed at the Francis Drake hotel, in probably their smallest and cheapest room.  They were undergoing a massive renovation at the time - and our room was very dusty and dirty, it was late, only for one night, so we didn't complain but I did write a letter when we got back,a nd they comped us on a room for future use.  The staff were very nice, and accomodating.  They even were helpful a few days earlier before we checked in (the initial day we arrived in SF, before we got to SC)  If the renno did actually take place, it's probably a great location, with a decent 49ers store a few steps away. :)

Also check out tripadvisor.com
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline cains

• Water Boy
  • Danish Bacon
    • Poker Rakeback
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 06:58:30 PM »
well it was good you got something back.. Did sound like it wasnt to good from their side..   ::)

On what street is that 49'ers shop located?? Think i have to pay that a visit.  ;D

8DAYS LEFT!!!!!

CANT WAIT!!!!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 11:56:21 AM »
I don't remember the name of the street, but a street car runs up and down it, and the hotel is on that street.  it's right by union square
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 07:38:38 PM »
Union Square could be Westin St. Francis. The cable car is right in front and does up and over to Fisherman's Wharf.

Cal-Train is a few blocks away (across Market) to take down to Santa Clara....

Offline cains

• Water Boy
  • Danish Bacon
    • Poker Rakeback
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 07:16:27 PM »
Heya all...

Any advices to where i should hang out on sunday when playing vikings??
Is there a pub where fans meet and have fun before the game, or do i just go out to the stadium??

Remember its my first time over here..

Really like it so far.. Except its been raining all day. :( But wether was good from monday till today.. Just hope its clears up before sunday....

Im staying on marketstreet/8th at ramada plaza hotel..

Ohhh  do i love the shop down at pier39...   ::)  Ive spend to much money so far..  :-[

Thanks in advance...

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 11:19:37 PM »
I'd say, get out to the stadium by 9AM (buses don't go that early, so either cab it or if you have a rental car...)

You will not regret tailgating with other 9er fans!!  I haven't met a 9er fan who doesn't turn away another 9er fan (especially those from out of town!!) for a great BBQ before the game!!

For the past 5+ years I've been hanging out with the Newberry family (but haven't been to a home game this year due to distance!!) 

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 09:23:13 AM »
.. and if you are still there on Tuesday go to Macy's Men's store to meet VD

Offline cains

• Water Boy
  • Danish Bacon
    • Poker Rakeback
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 03:32:53 PM »
Thx julie and bryan...  Dont got a car.. So thats problably a cab..  Will try and get up that early.. :)

Yeah saw it. But im moving on, on monday..  :-[  :-\