Author Topic: Display Cases  (Read 12560 times)

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
Display Cases
« on: July 26, 2006, 02:13:15 PM »
Looking for a jersey display case (don't want to actually mount the jersey) want cheap but looks good.. any thoughts?
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

D-roc

Re: Display Cases
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »
Drop a few credits and build one home made always looks better and lasts longer imho! ;)  :)

Offline Niner-4-Life

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 02:23:05 PM »
This one is pretty cheap, but I don't know exactly what you want:

Here

Just search for "jersey display case" on ebay and there are over 150 auctions ranging in price from $45 to as much as you want to pay.  Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:28:11 PM by Niner-4-Life »
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 03:19:08 PM »
Thanks N4L ... I'm always hesitant to do an ebay purchase, but I may have to bite the bullet on this one.  I don't want to spend $300 bucks on one .. but it's gotta be black or clear that's for sure...

I'd love to build one, but can't find supplies to make it all acrylic...
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline Niner-4-Life

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 03:21:47 PM »
Why hesitant on ebay Bryan?  I've bought over 500 things on ebay and have only been ripped off once or twice and only for small amounts and/or condition disagreements.  I even bought a car on ebay a couple of years ago.  It was scary to send off $5,400, but it all worked out great in the end.  Is it ebay in general or the USPS or Canadian post office you're worried about?
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 10:51:44 PM »
It is a scary proposition!! I haven't had too many bad experiences with EBay. But then again, all it takes is one bad one to leave a 'bad taste'!!

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 11:44:27 PM »
Thanks N4L ... I'm always hesitant to do an ebay purchase, but I may have to bite the bullet on this one.  I don't want to spend $300 bucks on one .. but it's gotta be black or clear that's for sure...

I'd love to build one, but can't find supplies to make it all acrylic...

The seller looks solid and always pay with paypal. I've gotten my money OR items from the ones that maybe thought of ripping me by using paypal. No matter how good a deal looks, if the seller doesn't do paypal I move on.

We've bought 2 harleys and a goldwing trike, actually 2 trikes on ebay.

I don't blame you Jules, because after what you've been through with D, it's hard to let your guard down  ;)

Where you live Bryan? According to my wife who just went through various parts of Canada visiting friends and relatives, there isn't anything you can't get there. In fact she want us to move down there (I'm one of the few that can actually say down to Canada....Ay!) and I told her I wasn't opposed to the idea. I guess the oilfield biz is booming so I know I can get a job in that if I really wanted to.

Anyway, I'm surprised you can't find the materials is all.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 08:08:45 AM »
Wow papa, good to hear that it actually works :)

twins - I'm basically in Toronto Ontario, the largest city in Toronto... perhaps part of the problem is that I am a picky... I've tried Home Depot (which should have everything under the sun) but for some reason couldn't find any acrylic there unless I was buying super sized... I've tried a few smaller arts stores too, perhaps I need a smaller hardware store...

If you move to Canada, Alberta is very "hot" place for jobs these days.  The city is growing at a very fast rate, the population highly educated, and the oil booming.  If you move to the Toronto area though, we could of course become the most enthused 49ers friends ever :) no pressure.  Of course you'll also have to put up with an over crowded job market, little to no primary industry in the oils/minerals field, and heavier polution.

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 08:43:42 AM »
Bry - Have you tried a crafts type of store? We have a chain down here called Michael's  (I did find a link with address' for Toronto, I hope it works!!

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?client=michaels&template=locator&city=toronto&state=ON&postalcode=&country=CA

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 01:34:33 PM »
Hmmm we have Michaels here, too.. maybe I'll give that shot ... I know they have "shadow boxes" but even those are insanely priced..

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 11:49:53 PM »
Maybe they can help you build your own? It's a possibility! I know most places charge beyond an arm & a leg to make one for you!!

Aaron's wanted close to $600 for a frame for an authographed jersey I have!! Needless to say the jersey is still not mounted! I have yet to stop by our local Michael's to check prices...

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 08:09:41 AM »
I think Michaels framing was about $200 up here... but I want a case that I can put in jersey's, take them out, where them... mine have no value other than sentiment, son I don't need them preserved or anyhting.. I would really love to build a  "locker" for all my 9ers stuff.  Imagine that!

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 12:24:14 PM »
Thanks for the Canada info Bryan.