Author Topic: Authentic Jerseys  (Read 67089 times)

Offline mithril49

• Rookie
Authentic Jerseys
« on: August 21, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to share with you. I wanted to get a new jersey for the upcoming season. Figured id treat myself and get an authentic, one I can really enjoy. No way I wanna pay $199+ in the stores so I went looking round ebay. Found a guy selling jerseys out of an ebay set up business. Had tons of jersey, all teams and whatnot, but for the most part just one player per team (I got Vernon Davis, which im ok with). Well, pictures looked legit, all tags still on and official NFL shield and whatnot. Selling them for 34.99!!!! Shipping from hong kong was like $20. So I paid total $57 or so with paypal fees. Still thinking too good to be true, I held my breath the two days it was enroute (2 days, from hong kong, for $20!!!!) Well, it showed up today and its beautiful. Definately a real authentic, no mars or imperfections I can find, good heavy material. NICE!!!! So if anyone is jersey shopping let me know and I can send you a link to one of the guys auctions or something so you can check out his ebay store.

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
Re: Authentic Jerseys
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 12:48:27 AM »
Just to ask...

The name & numbers where actually sewn on vs ironed on correct??? (Sewn would be the true test of authenticity vs ironed on!!)

Offline 49er tone

• Veteran
  • aka "Young Tone"
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 03:25:00 AM »
I get all my jerseys for $60, authentic and stiched throwbacks. $60-$100 price range.
THIRD GENERATION FAITHFUL...5 AND COUNTING!

ASK AL BUNDY WHO HIS FAVORITE TEAM AND PLAYER IS!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 09:13:46 AM »
Youngtone and mithril - can you post a picture, and perhaps a link to the guy? 
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline mithril49

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 09:56:29 AM »
Julie - Yeah everything is stiched on and the jersey is the nice heavy material not the light fake stuff all my other jerseys were, its definately authentic.

Bryan - Try this link, its the finished auction I got it from. You can click on seller or see sellers other items or whatever to see everything he has. I didnt bother to email him and ask if he had other names/numbers avail for the 9ers, in retrospect I kinda wished I asked if he had a Smith but im ok with Davis so its all good heh.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0?uid=3411217&site=0&ver=EOIBSA080805&lk=URL&Item=110020789339

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 12:48:01 PM »
Hey M,
hate to break to you - but that's a replica.  A VERY VERY VERY good replica, but replica none the less?

What keyed me in?
The easiest place to notice a difference is on the arms. Authentic jersesys, as can be seen
http://rbk.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1964544dt.jpg
or
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=737e46fc20be44129850f1bdead30d3f.bears_49ers_football_cams108&prov=ap

Have the logo and arms "bands" printed, not sewn on.  you can also tell that the white arm bands should not run directly into the logo, but should be "cut out" around the logo. ie there should be red space around the logo.

Compare with
http://cafe.joins.com/cafeimage/b/o/board/IMG_8281.JPG

Also, what I'm not 100% sure about, but I believe to be true - is that the authentic jerseys are all one material, the more meshy type that is on your jersey where the number on the front is.  I am not 100% on this, but that is the way it has been in the past.

More than likely you got a premier replica as opposed to a replica.  Meaning you still saved about $60 and got a damn nice jersey in the process.

I don't want to "burst your bubble" not my intention, but I did want to straighten out this so that people know what they are getting... and what can I say, I am really picky when it comes to these things :)
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline mithril49

• Rookie
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 03:06:53 PM »
Hmm well look at that! I would never have guessed hehe. Oh well no biggie, its still really very nice. Heavy material, sewn on number and letters.... ill take it. and if I saved any money in the process, works for me hehe. Thanks for pointing it out though, id rather know than not know hehe.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 10:37:04 PM »
that's what I figured :) sorry I had to be the messenger... I still think it's a sick jersey, especially for what you paid!

Offline 49er tone

• Veteran
  • aka "Young Tone"
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 11:51:29 PM »
I actually liked the sewn on lines on the sleeves, they look pretty good, very very very nice jersey ;)

My hook up are the Mitchel and Ness Throwbacks and prices in stores for those are at least $300. Real good material. I looked at my Sanders throwback (with the 49ers) and the lines are stiched also but it also has the 75 year patch stiched on it too.
THIRD GENERATION FAITHFUL...5 AND COUNTING!

ASK AL BUNDY WHO HIS FAVORITE TEAM AND PLAYER IS!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 09:55:40 AM »
Mitch & Ness are available in the 49ers Paradise stores as well.

Offline Ryo1549

• Probation
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 06:52:07 AM »
Yes i also bought a VD from the guy on ebay. Anything from Korea is a fake. I knew this before i bought it but i didnt really care lol. I paid the same as i would for a replica jersey.
Your signature exceeds the size regulations posted in the forum rules, please read the forum rules or contact Bryan or twinspapa with any questions

Offline binhamen1

• Water Boy
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 12:40:48 AM »
my friend also bought that same jersey. but sorry to tell you , its a fake. reebok never came out with authentic vernon davis jerseys yet. the guy also just came out with frank gore authentics, but you know for sure its fake, because the 2 looks likes a Z. 80% of the stuff they sell on ebay is fake.
GO NINERS!!!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 09:21:38 AM »
... for further clarification you can get an official reebok from the 49ers store which will do customized names and numbers.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 06:31:51 AM »
I just bought an authentic "Flash" jersey before Christmas  8)

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 07:47:43 AM »
I've got a Flash jersey (hopefully) coming to me for Christmas, already have a load of others (Montana throwback, Smith, Gore and a '95 on field authentic Young jersey that I managed to get shipped over before the internet was around!)......thats at least one advantage of being vertically challenged - I can still get away with wearing youth jerseys so they're a lot cheaper!  They've always got to be sewn on (names, numbers) too, not screened.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 12:38:42 PM »
I've got a Flash jersey (hopefully) coming to me for Christmas, already have a load of others (Montana throwback, Smith, Gore and a '95 on field authentic Young jersey that I managed to get shipped over before the internet was around!)......thats at least one advantage of being vertically challenged - I can still get away with wearing youth jerseys so they're a lot cheaper!  They've always got to be sewn on (names, numbers) too, not screened.
LOL - vertically challenged..... I had not heard that one before  ;)

D-roc

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 03:52:36 PM »
Bam Bam and Gore are my 2 next.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 04:20:28 PM »
Bam Bam and Gore are my 2 next.
How many jerseys do you have?

D-roc

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »
2 Flash, 2 Young 2 Montana's each in diff. colors.  1 Garcia red.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 04:32:18 PM »
2 of each  ??? Replicas and authentic ones or......?

D-roc

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 04:33:03 PM »
2 of each  ??? Replicas and authentic ones or......?

No replicas just reg. jersey.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 04:46:27 PM »
Wow...that's a small fortune  8)  I have J. Peterson, Alex Smith and now Rice

D-roc

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2007, 05:21:16 PM »

It took years my man! :)

I like your collection cool.

Next Bam Bam?

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 05:32:41 PM »

It took years my man! :)

I like your collection cool.

Next Bam Bam?
Probably  :)

D-roc

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »
I am really torn between Gore and Bam Bam.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »
I am really torn between Gore and Bam Bam.
I can understand that but isn't it time you went defense....  ;)

D-roc

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »
It prob. is time lol!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 06:34:24 PM »
Or perhaps you should go with Hill  ;)

D-roc

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 06:36:31 PM »
Hill is now in the top 3 cause he just might be our version of Romo?!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2007, 06:41:47 PM »
Hill is now in the top 3 cause he just might be our version of Romo?!
You have to love how he plays his chance  8)  Hill has as many multi TDs games after two starts as Alex has in 3 seasons  :o :-X

D-roc

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2007, 06:42:31 PM »
Crazy, still listening to what Bam Bam is doing is simply amazing.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2007, 06:45:30 PM »
If you pick up Bam Bam first I will not hold it against you  ;)

D-roc

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2007, 06:48:39 PM »
i WON'T either! :)

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 03:57:15 AM »
I'm wondering if I can pick off the stitches on my Smith shirt and fashion a 13 and Hill from somewhere......;)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2007, 08:56:50 AM »
I'm wondering if I can pick off the stitches on my Smith shirt and fashion a 13 and Hill from somewhere......;)
Have you got any other than Smith?