Author Topic: NFL at Wembley, 28 Oct 2007  (Read 168794 times)

Offline 49er tone

• Veteran
  • aka "Young Tone"
    • myspace
Re: NFL at Wembley, 28 Oct 2007
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2007, 06:43:10 AM »
I am going to see the Miami cheerleaders at Tottenham Court Road this afternoon 8)

Grid please take pictures and post em up here. I love looking at the pics.....If you able to, can you hook me up with a program as well? If you cant its ok ;) Thanks bro
THIRD GENERATION FAITHFUL...5 AND COUNTING!

ASK AL BUNDY WHO HIS FAVORITE TEAM AND PLAYER IS!

D-roc

« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2007, 12:14:50 PM »
I am going to see the Miami cheerleaders at Tottenham Court Road this afternoon  8)

Enjoy and take Young T's advice get a bunch of pics and share them with us down the line! :)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2007, 02:15:59 PM »
I am going to see the Miami cheerleaders at Tottenham Court Road this afternoon 8)

Grid please take pictures and post em up here. I love looking at the pics.....If you able to, can you hook me up with a program as well? If you cant its ok ;) Thanks bro
A program, sure I can. Just PM me your adress  :)  D-roc, after the cheerleading session today there is a little extra something coming your way.

D-roc

« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2007, 05:31:08 PM »

A program, sure I can. Just PM me your adress  :)  D-roc, after the cheerleading session today there is a little extra something coming your way.

Got your pm SNOOP DOG ain't got sh** on you baby! :)

Offline 49er tone

• Veteran
  • aka "Young Tone"
    • myspace
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2007, 12:50:05 AM »
Hey thanks Grid, I really appreciate it and have fun! You are going to be there, man history is taking place tomorrow with this game. Also save your ticket too, thats a keep sake ;)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2007, 05:03:23 AM »
The cheerleaders had a small performance at the Virgin Megastore and a autograph session the following hour. I'll see if some of my travelling companions got some decent photos to put on the site since camera in my phone did not deal very well with the light indoors  :(   It has been some exciting days the big "monument" of Jason Taylor has eluded me so far but it is at the stadium last afternoon. The city is full of football fans. Mostly Dolphins but a wide range other than that. I have met precious few 9er fans so far so I hae agreed to meet with some Bears fans for the tailgate today

D-roc

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2007, 09:17:40 AM »
Can't wait too c your pictures Grid.!

Offline dr. nick riviera

• Super Bowl MVP
  • "Holy smokes, you need booze!"
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »
Grid, we need a complete breakdown of everything!

Like, do they tailgate?

Bud or Guiness?

Brats or Bangers?

Buffalo wings or Haggis?
"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff" - Frank Zappa

D-roc

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »
Just saw a cat with an Alex Smith jersey wondering if that was Grid., did he say that he was going to be wearing an Alex Jersey? :o 8)

Offline 49er tone

• Veteran
  • aka "Young Tone"
    • myspace
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2007, 05:55:53 PM »
Yeah I seen that as well! Was that Grid?? I also seen a person with a red Gore jersey too, but dude in the Alex Smith jersey was close up

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2007, 07:02:06 PM »
Grid, we need a complete breakdown of everything!

Like, do they tailgate?

Bud or Guiness?

Brats or Bangers?

Buffalo wings or Haggis?

They know how to handle the surroundings at the game those Brits! 90 minutes after the game I had finished me and my friends sat and had dinner close to central London.

I'll get back to it later since I am sitting at an internet cafe with a crappy keyboard.

I'll just add the stadium is awsome. The weather was awful as you could probably see but the temperature was good and not a drop of rain came our way  8)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:33:40 AM by gridiron49 »

Offline 49er tone

• Veteran
  • aka "Young Tone"
    • myspace
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2007, 04:46:41 AM »
Man cant wait to hear your stories Grid and see some pics ;)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2007, 04:20:06 AM »
Man cant wait to hear your stories Grid and see some pics ;)
You'll have to wait a little longer for the pics  :-\

This was an awsome experience. We went to the game 5 hours prior to kickoff only to find out you needed tickets to get into the tailgate area. It sucked since the weather was poor but we just found a pub grabbed a few beers (Budweiser, Guinness, Carlsberg what the heart could desire) and met some Dutch fans and quite a few other danes. It turned out to be pretty good. 2 hours before kickoff we entered the stadium watched the warm ups, saw some live music and had a great time. One complaint though - prize of a program was 10 £ (roughly the same as 20 $)  :o and the overall merchandise sales was substandard imo. Other than a very limited supply of Dolphin and Giant jerseys which ran out during the game there was very little to be excited about  :( 

It was a weird feeling at the stadium with som many different fans present. Of course there was a build up of the matchup itself but looking around you would see just about any kind of jerseys at the game. Under the circumstances I think the atmosphere was fantastic. The game itself turned out to be rather sloppy but the conditions were really bad with rain pouring all day having soaked the field and continuosly through the game as well. At the beginning of the 2nd half a streaker initially disguised as an official entered the field running to midfield where he performed a small river dance and started doing push ups before being grabbed and led away.

The end of the game was weird. With Ginn catching the TD with just under 2 minutes remaining the stadium responded with a roar and everybody hoped for a mad dash for the onside kick only to see the ball skid out of bounds untouched.....

Very few spectators left before the game ended which makes it even more impressive that my friends and I could eat dinner close to our hotel some 5 miles from the stadium a little more than an hour later. Stewards and London Police was lined up at every single street corner directing traffic and giving directions making the exit very smooth  8)

Day ended on a sour note when I entered an internet cafe and saw we were down 24-3  :(

D-roc

« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2007, 03:15:04 PM »
Very  8) I am still wondering if that was you in the Alex S. jersey?

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2007, 03:36:47 PM »
Very  8) I am still wondering if that was you in the Alex S. jersey?
Probably not since I was wearing my "49ers UK Supporters Club" jacket on top most of the time.

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2007, 11:39:51 PM »
Grid  - I believe you & I have spoken about Graham who is in charge of the UK 9er supporters club!! (He is awesome!! I met him a few years ago when I was in England!!)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2007, 03:39:47 AM »
Grid  - I believe you & I have spoken about Graham who is in charge of the UK 9er supporters club!! (He is awesome!! I met him a few years ago when I was in England!!)
I tried to contact him some months ago to see if I could meet him at the game but sadly I never heard from him.....

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2007, 09:11:12 PM »
Grid - I believe you & I have spoken about Graham who is in charge of the UK 9er supporters club!! (He is awesome!! I met him a few years ago when I was in England!!)
I tried to contact him some months ago to see if I could meet him at the game but sadly I never heard from him.....

I know his wife has been ill with Cancer (she is in remission right now, which is awesome!!)

If it is okay with you, I will give him your email address to get in touch with you!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2007, 02:44:07 AM »
Grid - I believe you & I have spoken about Graham who is in charge of the UK 9er supporters club!! (He is awesome!! I met him a few years ago when I was in England!!)

I know his wife has been ill with Cancer (she is in remission right now, which is awesome!!)

If it is okay with you, I will give him your email address to get in touch with you!
Of course it is. I wrote at the same email adress he has listed on the 9ers site under booster clubs but if it has changed or I misspelled it...?? I would love to hear from him.

D-roc

« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »
Grid. when I get that pic. i will get it back too you so we both have the right ones! :)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »
Grid. when I get that pic. i will get it back too you so we both have the right ones! :)
Very nice. It shouldn't be long before you have it!  :-\ 

D-roc

« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2007, 12:28:19 PM »
Keeping an eye out no prob. sh** happens bro.!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2007, 01:07:17 PM »
Keeping an eye out no prob. sh** happens bro.!
This is some fine looking sh**  ;D

D-roc

« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2007, 01:35:17 PM »
I will let you know when I get it!

Get in the chat my man!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2007, 04:11:01 AM »

Get in the chat my man!
Young tone got his in the mail today......

I received a CD-rom with pics from my travelling mates. A few good ones in between so I'll see if I can get them on the site shortly.

D-roc

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2007, 03:26:04 PM »

Get in the chat my man!
Young tone got his in the mail today......

I received a CD-rom with pics from my travelling mates. A few good ones in between so I'll see if I can get them on the site shortly.

Looking forward too seeing them Grid., and check your mail I am sending that back to you tommor. so that you have the right pic! :)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »
Looking forward too seeing them Grid., and check your mail I am sending that back to you tommor. so that you have the right pic! :)
I'd better send yours right away so I don't get confused with all these fine women when I have 2 pics  :-[ ;D

D-roc

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2007, 04:04:55 PM »
I'd better send yours right away so I don't get confused with all these fine women when I have 2 pics  :-[ ;D

lol very nice indeed Grid. "alittle mid night snack" for the lucky sob that owns one! ;) :)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »
What did you think of the program?  Extremely good quality but  :-X expensive  ;)  Your pic is on the way again and I'll see if I can get these pics from the game in here this weekend....  :)

D-roc

« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »
What did you think of the program?  Extremely good quality but  :-X expensive  ;)  Your pic is on the way again and I'll see if I can get these pics from the game in here this weekend....  :)

very cool grid thank you! 

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2007, 04:35:03 AM »

My pc has been invaded by some idiot hacker  >:( and several programs have been disabled so no pics on the way just yet  :(

D, apoligies to you for forgetting your adress. The cheerleader pic has been returned to me because of the mixup. I will mail it again this weekend!

D-roc

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2007, 09:26:10 AM »

My pc has been invaded by some idiot hacker  >:( and several programs have been disabled so no pics on the way just yet  :(

D, apoligies to you for forgetting your adress. The cheerleader pic has been returned to me because of the mixup. I will mail it again this weekend!

No problem Grid. check your pm asap! :)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2008, 05:14:32 AM »
Apparantly it takes forever to get my pc working again, D  :'(   I was wondering if I mailed you the CD-rom if you could upload my pics from London.

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2008, 12:57:20 PM »
I've got a few pics from the game (well, most of the cheerleaders....lol) if you'd like me to upload them? IF so, how would I upload them?!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2008, 10:29:27 AM »
I've got a few pics from the game (well, most of the cheerleaders....lol) if you'd like me to upload them? IF so, how would I upload them?!
Where you at the Virgin Mega Store or is it from some of their other appearences!?