Author Topic: Looking for help!?  (Read 199094 times)

Offline PHILLY49ER

• Rookie
Looking for help!?
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
I will be attending a 49er game in SF this season. If anyone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for 2 tickets! I will be flying in from Philly. This would be my first 49er game in SF, I've seen us here in Philly once, and in Washington once. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline LottHitsHarder

• Starter
Re: Looking for help!?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:06:29 PM »
You can buy them on the internet  when tickets go on sale to the general public at the official site: http://www.sf49ers.com/tickets/single.php?section=TI%20Single

Right now it says, Single game tickets to 49ers home games will go on sale in July/August 2007. Check back for specific on-sale dates, prices, limits and ordering information. 49ers single game tickets are sold through Ticketmaster.

If you use outlook (or anything else with a task reminder) I would set on for July 1st and then a daily re-occuring one after that.  Normally I'd say check once a week, but the Philly game could sell out real quick.  When they played here this year I'd say about 50% where Eagles fans.  If fr some reason you can't get tickets through them I'll see what I can do. I always use my 2 tickets, but I have a friend w/ 8 season tickets and another w/ 4 - between them there are usually usually has 1 or 2 extra they need to get rid of.  I just wont know till it gets closer to the game and find out how many of our friends are going.
Did you get your season tickets yet?

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 07:27:16 AM »
I have been to the US 3 times now watching the 9ers at the 'Stick the last time.

I have used www.ticketmaster.com or www.buyselltix.com to get tickets.

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 08:28:16 AM »
One thing to remember is that for 9er tickets, you are only allowed to use VISA!!!! They will NOT accept Mastercard, Discover or Amer Ex!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »
Another thing you can do, if you or someone you know has "OnStar" is use their  "concierge service"... Union square area is a pretty solid place to stay too.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline cains

• Water Boy
  • Danish Bacon
    • Poker Rakeback
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 06:31:07 PM »
As already mentioned.. Ticketmaster.com is the place to go.. Early / Mid july it was on sale last year...

I used them there.. when i was in SF for my first time..
Also used ticketmaster for all the other stuff i saw in US. (nascar / NHRA / NHL) :) 
All tickets i received in denmark long time before i had to go..  And if im not mistaken, at some of them its possible to print out the tickets your self...

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »
Ticketmaster is good. But....

For 9er tickets, tickertmaster will only accept VISA. They will not accept MasterCard, Discover or any other credit cards due to the 9ers contract with VISA...

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 03:30:21 PM »
Try craigslist.com & get them from a season ticket holder whop cannot go that day.

StubHub will also work, for a fee.
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline PHILLY49ER

• Rookie
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 04:18:23 PM »
I'm leaning towards the Dec 9th game vs the Vikes. Here's my next question. What seats should I stay away from? I see UR 42 available, are they okay? What do you recommend?

Thanks for the help Diser's!!!!!

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 11:04:21 PM »
Philly - That would be considered 'nose bleed' section, but you still get a good view of the field... (And from one who has gone to many a game, there is alwayws a way around 'assigned' seats!! :D )

I think there may be some other 'out of towners' from this site at that game too!!!  (And I'm not talking about those from California!!!)

If I can plan my schedule well enough, I might be able to make that game and arrange a great Saturday afternoon/evening get together along with a fun tailgate on game day....

Again, I will have to check various schedules (including mine!!) and see what I can arrange/do!!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 07:54:34 AM »
I'm leaning towards the Dec 9th game vs the Vikes. Here's my next question. What seats should I stay away from? I see UR 42 available, are they okay? What do you recommend?

Thanks for the help Diser's!!!!!
Philly - I expect to be present at both the Vikings and Bengals!

StubHub will also work, for a fee.
...but only if you have an adress in USA or Canada  :(

Offline PHILLY49ER

• Rookie
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 01:57:59 PM »
I will make sure I give all Disers a shout out once everything is in concrete. I'm bringing a buddy of mine, he's a Vikes fan (Boo)

Airfare is a little higher than I expected, but I will check around before I book. I have a family member who might can get me on a standby. I will make sure I pick a hotel close to the stadium. I like Embassy Suites b/c of the free breakfast & happy hour. 

Tailgate for sure!!!!! It will be great!!!!! Thanks for the help!

Offline woodrow

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 08:40:44 PM »
  Philly  I'm a season ticket holder.  I have LR30 row 25 seats 9 ,10  the vikes game is open. 

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
Ok ... here's the question... Let's say "money is no object" where would you sit?  Now same question, but you are looking for "best value"

Consider:
- View
- Access to players during pregame warmup
- atmosphere of the section
- whether being covered is a good / bad thing for rain / wind
- anything else...
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline PHILLY49ER

• Rookie
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 03:18:05 PM »
Thanks Admin, great questions!

I'm looking for best value for my dollar. I don't want to be in the nose bleeds! Atmosphere is a must, I want to be around the 49er faithfuls!!! I don't mind being covered, that's not important. A good view of the field, atmosphere & best value are at the top of my want list!

Woodrow -  I might need 3 tix. A buddy from the Md area (49er fan) might want to make the journey. I went with him to watch the Redskins game, we left at halftime b/c it was so bad!!! But if it's just 2 of us, we might have deal pal!

From those little maps they show you, it looks like every seat isn't too bad. Since I've never been to the stadium, I just need to know what's the better seat location!

Thanks again for all the help Disers

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 04:12:36 PM »
From those little maps they show you, it looks like every seat isn't too bad. Since I've never been to the stadium, I just need to know what's the better seat location!
Thanks again for all the help Disers
I have been at the 'Stick once and I sat in Lower Box Row 8. Good seat with great wiev and possible to get up front during warmups where some of the fans managed to get autographs! I'll be trying to get a ticket behind the 49ers bench next time as well  ;)

Offline TANK

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »
Candlestick, er, Monster Park - odd numbered sections are in the sun/rain...the lower half are "temporary" seats that pull out into right field (a leftover remnant of the days shared with the SF Giants).  Even numbered share the 49ers' sideline with the press box.  If you get too close to the field, the slope is such that you lose partial vision because the players are standing and you only see their backs.

Personally, I enjoy the upper deck, between Section 8 and Section 30.  You don't get autographs, but you do get the "camera" view you are used to watching the games on television.

Critical to remember - if you want a view of the large screen television for viewing replays, you should consider sitting in sections numbered less than Section 30.

Offline cains

• Water Boy
  • Danish Bacon
    • Poker Rakeback
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »
My first game was vs Vikings 5November last year...

I had Lower Box , Sec16 , Row S, Seat 25  (cost 84$)

And this was my view from the seat:

But this was the only thing i was interested in:

;D

EDIT: sorry of the large pictueres.  :(  I will try and change them with same file name so its looks better in a moment.
EDIT2: Picture sizes now changed. :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 12:39:42 AM by Bryan_Admin »

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 03:31:18 PM »
Very nice pics  ;)

D-roc

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 04:49:57 PM »
Fantastic Broads and the pic of the stadium was not bad either! :P 8)

Offline PHILLY49ER

• Rookie
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 04:42:09 PM »
That's a great view. I want those seats!!! I have air & hotel, just trying to find the right seats.
Thanks Diser's for all your input!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 06:45:36 PM »
That's a great view. I want those seats!!! I have air & hotel, just trying to find the right seats.
Thanks Diser's for all your input!
I'll keep monitoring the situation for a little while yet to see if more/better will be available.

Offline LottHitsHarder

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 09:17:29 PM »
Here is the view from my old seats in Sec 36 (Upper Reserve).  Personally I think the view from the upper reserve on the prees box side are the best there is because of the vantage point and the shade.  I grew up going to games in the lower reserve and while you are closer, you can't see nearly as much as in the upper reserve.  I moved this year to the fold outs just to get closer to midfield

Did you get your season tickets yet?

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 11:09:06 PM »
And I have my ways of working around 'assigned' seating!!  Just ask Grid & others I know from other sites!! :D

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »
And I have my ways of working around 'assigned' seating!!  Just ask Grid & others I know from other sites!! :D
I keep your "trick" in mind when I order my tickets for the 2 games!  It will probably be a little more difficult since our team will be able to clinch a playoff berth in those mid-december games though  ;) so the stadium will be packed.

Offline Canadian Niner

• Probation
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 05:09:09 PM »
I have 2 pairs of tickets for sale for various games...
one pair in UB38 Row E - Bengals, Vikings & Bucs
one pair in UR40 Row 2 - All games excluding Cardinals (pre-season included)
Let me know if your interested
here are the views...
UB38 http:///www.seatdata.com/images/nfl_49ers/1600x1200/38ur.jpg (picture taken from UR38... UB38 is the section closer to the field)
UR40 http://www.seatdata.com/images/nfl_49ers/1600x1200/38ur.jpg

I would be willing to sell the Cardinals tickets in UR40 row 2 but you would need to wow me with an offer and make a quick payment!
Thanks
GO NINERS!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:08:17 AM by Canadian Niner »

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »
I have 2 pairs of tickets for sale for various games...
one pair in UB38 Row E - Bengals, Vikings & Bucs
one pair in UR40 Row 2 - All games excluding Cardinals (pre-season included)
Let me know if your interested
here are the views...
UB38 (picture taken from UR38... UB38 is the section closer to the field)
UR40

I would be willing to sell the Cardinals tickets in UR40 row 2 but you would need to wow me with an offer and make a quick payment!
Thanks
GO NINERS!!
I can't see the views  :(  but I would like to know if you would sell a single ticket to Bengals and/or Vikings and app. how much you'd ask?

Offline Canadian Niner

• Probation
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
I fixed the links... However, I am only selling the tickets as a pair, not individually

Offline woodrow

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 07:12:17 PM »
Philly -  Below is is link to my seats

The 30lr is section 30 lower reserved,  30lb = section 30 lower box, ub = upper box, ur = upper reserved.  You can view the seat location for all different tickets before you buy.  Just replace 30lr with section and area  40ub 40ur etc.

http://www.seatdata.com/images/nfl_49ers/1600x1200/30lr.jpg

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 09:34:18 AM »
I fixed the links... However, I am only selling the tickets as a pair, not individually
Sad to hear but I'll be good  :)  Good luck selling them!

Offline nflguy

• Probation
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 01:21:50 AM »
Hi All !   Me and two of my brothers plan to fly  to San Fran from Texas so we can be there for the monday night opener against the cards. Were willing to spend $300-350 each for tickets and want to get the best view possible.  Any suggestions? I see tickets in section 18 lower selling for 350 but want to make sure its worth it.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 12:26:16 PM »
Hi All !   Me and two of my brothers plan to fly  to San Fran from Texas so we can be there for the monday night opener against the cards. Were willing to spend $300-350 each for tickets and want to get the best view possible.  Any suggestions? I see tickets in section 18 lower selling for 350 but want to make sure its worth it.
Lower section 18 is certainly not a bad spot  :) but I'll leave to the regulars to tell if there are better places.

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Lower 18 is great! It is near/on the 50, but the face value is $84 (?)! I find it amazing as to what the brokers are allowed to get away with!!!

You may find that you will find better deals price wise if you go to the stadium & very close to kick off the prices will be closer to face value if not less!!

Offline nflguy

• Probation
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 02:33:42 AM »
Since were paying alot of money to get a hotel and fly from texas.. we cant afford to wait until we get to the staduim to hope we can get three good seats togeather.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »
Lower 18 is great! It is near/on the 50, but the face value is $84 (?)! I find it amazing as to what the brokers are allowed to get away with!!!
Is it just as expensive going through the official 49ers site?