Author Topic: NFL at Wembley, Oct 26, 2008  (Read 184504 times)

D-roc

Re: NFL at Wembley, Oct 26, 2008
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 06:32:14 PM »
I will keep that in mind  8) did not know that!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 01:01:59 PM »
I will be staying in London from Friday before the game till Monday morning. Hopefully some of the promotional stuff by players and cheerleaders will also take place on Saturday like last year  ;)

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 05:12:53 AM »
I'm still yet to get tickets to the London game, but I WILL get them, even if I end up buying them on eBay!
As for game programs, it looks like I'll be going to the Lions game (Hopefully, if I can get one of the bloody ticket sites to work for me!) so I dont mind picking up programs for anyone that may want them - just let me know. 
(I'm also seeing the Seahawks @ Giants game too, so if you know anyone who wants a program from that, again just PM me).
looking forward to another great experiance at Wembley!  Me and Gridiron are arranging to meet up so if theres any other Dise people attending, just drop me a message and we can organise a get-together!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 09:48:59 AM »
I'm still yet to get tickets to the London game, but I WILL get them, even if I end up buying them on eBay!
As for game programs, it looks like I'll be going to the Lions game (Hopefully, if I can get one of the bloody ticket sites to work for me!) so I dont mind picking up programs for anyone that may want them - just let me know. 
(I'm also seeing the Seahawks @ Giants game too, so if you know anyone who wants a program from that, again just PM me).
looking forward to another great experiance at Wembley!  Me and Gridiron are arranging to meet up so if theres any other Dise people attending, just drop me a message and we can organise a get-together!
I pm'ed you about a site that ships to Europe. I would love if you would send me a game day program (also from the Hawks v Giants game). Luckily there are much cheaper at the US games than in London where the program cost twice as much (10 $ to 10 £)  :o

Hopefully there will be other Dise members who gets the chance to be in London Oct. 25-26  8)

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 03:49:48 AM »
No Problem Grid, I'll pick you up a program from both games.
D-Roc - let me know if you want me to grab a program for you as well mate, from the Detroit game, and the Giants/Hawks.
Got my tickets for both games now - level 2 mezzanine at Meadowlands, but far more importantly, section 20 in the Lower Reserve at Candlestick, right behind our bench on the 30 yard line!  (Cheers for the heads up Grid!)  Now the countdown begins..... :D

D-roc

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 08:25:02 AM »
 8) London check your pm! ;D

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »
Bills will be paid $78 million for eight-game Toronto series

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3374222

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »
A Spurs fan ::) I didn't think they existed anymore.... I followed Liverpool before I "discovered" the NFL (begin the ridicule ;) )
Cool. I'm a Liverpool fan too Grid! And I'm going to be at Wembley on Oct. 26! I have have to check with my brother who got the tickets but I think we get the VIP treatment as well....
Success is temporary, loyalty is forever.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 08:22:50 AM »
Me and Gridiron are arranging to meet up so if theres any other Dise people attending, just drop me a message and we can organise a get-together!
Hojer49 will probably attend our small rally too...  ;)

London, the programs you bring home from your US trip.....bring them to the game in London and save the postage?!  Thanks in advance  :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:24:49 AM by gridiron49 »

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 01:21:08 AM »
Of course we all want pictures of any European 49er gatherings!!

D-roc

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »
Especially those that take place some where on a beach! :o ;) ;D

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2008, 09:22:32 AM »
Especially those that take place some where on a beach! :o ;) ;D
In London, in October? I think I'll keep my pants on!

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2008, 05:52:12 AM »
lol yeah I'm hoping the weathers a bit better than last years rain-a-thon!  And especially the pitch too, which cut up badly (although it was fun seeing an old school mud bath, ground attacking game!).
Grid - no worries with your US game programs, I'll bring them along to Wembley for you.
Oh, and just secured 4 tickets for the game in this mornings lottery on Ticketmaster - thanks to grid again, for the code!
where are peoples seats?  Ours are in section 534, in one of the corners and high up (yep, with the Gods, but should get a good overview of the plays from there).
That'll be 3 games I'll be seeing this season!  I cant wait!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2008, 01:49:54 PM »
lol yeah I'm hoping the weathers a bit better than last years rain-a-thon!  And especially the pitch too, which cut up badly (although it was fun seeing an old school mud bath, ground attacking game!).
Grid - no worries with your US game programs, I'll bring them along to Wembley for you.
Oh, and just secured 4 tickets for the game in this mornings lottery on Ticketmaster - thanks to grid again, for the code!

I am glad the code came to good use since my tickets had already been secured  8) 

Looks like we can meet up with hojer49 at the game and create a small "Dise-gathering".

D-roc

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2008, 05:38:22 PM »
First 40,000 tickets for London game sell in 90 minutes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3417552

Can you say expansion team?

It is only a matter of time before the league expands to Canada and other markets including Europe.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2008, 08:15:38 AM »
First 40,000 tickets for London game sell in 90 minutes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3417552

Can you say expansion team?

It is only a matter of time before the league expands to Canada and other markets including Europe.
Sadly I think the matter of time difference will make it difficult to include Europe any time soon  :-\ 
But with the interest shown we are surely  getting the attention of the NFL brass  :)

D-roc

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2008, 08:18:12 AM »
That is a huge hang up & I think the Commish. mentioned the time difference once in an interview.

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2008, 02:54:09 PM »
That is a huge hang up & I think the Commish. mentioned the time difference once in an interview.
On the other hand the early Sunday games (1:00 or 1:15 PM) are on at 7:00 or 7:15 PM in Europe. That could work I think. The main obstacle is more the traveling across the Atlantic - that's a killer!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2008, 03:12:38 PM »
On the other hand the early Sunday games (1:00 or 1:15 PM) are on at 7:00 or 7:15 PM in Europe. That could work I think. The main obstacle is more the traveling across the Atlantic - that's a killer!
It was that "kind of" time difference I meant  ;)  The "commute" for a European-based team over a season would be a huge obstacle to overcome. The discussions made in the old NFC West with the 9ers going cross country to New Orleans and Atlanta is nothing in comparison....

D-roc

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2008, 04:27:29 PM »
It was that "kind of" time difference I meant  ;)  The "commute" for a European-based team over a season would be a huge obstacle to overcome. The discussions made in the old NFC West with the 9ers going cross country to New Orleans and Atlanta is nothing in comparison....

Believe me I know what you mean Grid. I made that journey when I was in the service ( a couple times ), and that jet lag always kicked my ass big time!

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2008, 10:23:27 AM »
maybe theyd ressurrect NFL Europe or the World league properly again?  I'm assuming they'd be pretty wary of doing that again though, at least for a few more years to ensure that theres a sustained interest.  I know after last years game at Wembley, the TV viewing figures in the UK increased by 70% for the rest of the season after the Giants and Phins came to town.  Theres always been a big cult following in the UK, and plenty of small british teams playing, but I've definitely seen an increase in 'visible' fans since last year - more jerseys being noticed around not only London, but much further afield too.  damn, its making me misty eyed about the Monarchs now! lol
as for jetlag, yup, its a killer, especially from the US to the UK, although I've always found abusing the free bar privileges (on some flights) ensures that I sleep like a baby and wake up pretty fresh (although in need of some dirty food!) when I arrive!

Offline ScottishNiner

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2008, 11:15:06 AM »
There's 3 or 4 of us from Scotland trying to get tickets and come down for this.  Although they do include a Bears fan and a Cowboys fan!!!

At the moment I'm thinking I might just come down anyway and sample the "atmosphere".  ;)

If there's a 'Dise gathering, let me know.

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2008, 11:20:38 AM »
Hey Scottish, good to hear from you.  Yeah, there'll definitely be a Dise gathering, so the more the merrier (and dont worry, there'll be other fans there too).  Its definitely worth coming down for, its an amazing day, both before, during and after the game.  the next round of tickets go on sale in July - I'm still in the lottery for a code to have the chance of buying tickets on Ticketmaster, and seeing as Grid was so kind as to give me his earlier so I secured tickets, if I get a code I can forward it onto you if you like?  it'll be for a maximum of 4 tickets.
me and Grid will keep monitoring whos coming and we can arrange things fully nearer the time - pick a meeting location (plenty of pubs near Wembley, and theres always a few 'tailgate' parties - i use the term loosely as theres no parking at Wembley, so no true tailgating!  But Brit teams organise a few - I went to a big Colchester Gladiators pre game party last year which was fun!), time etc.

Offline ScottishNiner

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2008, 11:23:31 AM »
the next round of tickets go on sale in July - I'm still in the lottery for a code to have the chance of buying tickets on Ticketmaster, and seeing as Grid was so kind as to give me his earlier so I secured tickets, if I get a code I can forward it onto you if you like? it'll be for a maximum of 4 tickets.

I think one of my guys is in the July lottery too.  But if you get a code that would be fantastic, cheers London.  :)

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2008, 11:24:43 AM »
Not a problem mate :)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »
There's 3 or 4 of us from Scotland trying to get tickets and come down for this.  Although they do include a Bears fan and a Cowboys fan!!!

At the moment I'm thinking I might just come down anyway and sample the "atmosphere".  ;)

If there's a 'Dise gathering, let me know.
We all have our crosses to bear. I'll be arriving with a Broncos, a Bucs and a Cowboys fan myself  :)  There will be a Dise gathering....count on it!

Let us add Scotland to Denmark and England!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 01:22:03 PM by gridiron49 »

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2008, 03:14:47 AM »
Hey Scottish, please check your PMs - I've managed to 'win' a passcode for the next round of the ticket sales, so as promised, I've sent it to you just incase you need it.

Offline ScottishNiner

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2008, 07:53:06 AM »
Hey Scottish, please check your PMs - I've managed to 'win' a passcode for the next round of the ticket sales, so as promised, I've sent it to you just incase you need it.

Good man.  Thanks.

But It turns out that my friend the Cowboys fan had actually already secured tickets, he just hadn't told me!!!!   ::)   Hopefully your code can still find a good home!

So Scotland will be represented at the Dise gathering.  Really looking forward to it, and my first NFL game.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »
So Scotland will be represented at the Dise gathering.  Really looking forward to it, and my first NFL game.
Very cool, Scottish!  8)  Looking forward to meeting you there  ;)

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2008, 09:15:13 AM »
Excellent Scottish!  Glad you are coming mate!  If theres anyone else out there that wants to come, and would like my spare ticket passcode, just pm me and I'll be happy to pass it on :)  The more Dise members there, the better!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2008, 09:44:04 AM »
London, is there a sports cafe or some other place where it would be convenient to meet. Once we have a location (and time) I will try to include it in the HOP section?!

Offline ScottishNiner

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2008, 10:08:23 AM »
Well, what a week.

First I find out that I already have a ticket to this!  Then London very kindly offers his passcode (thanks again mate), then my girlfriend reveals she's got a passcode as well (was planning tickets as a surprise birthday present!), and yesterday I found out I'm out of a job in two weeks time!!!

But don't worry, I wouldn't miss the game or meeting you lot for anything!!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2008, 03:38:25 PM »
That was a cool post just until I read about "being out of a job"  :-X   I hope you land on your feet. At least you have a cool girlfriend considering game tickets as a present!  ;)

Tomlinson, Bush hope to build off success of first London game
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808e6646&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:30:25 PM by gridiron49 »

Offline Julie B.

• Pro Bowler
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2008, 02:12:57 AM »
I hope that every 9er fan in Europe can attend the game wearing their 9er gear!!

Offline London49ers

• Starter
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2008, 06:41:02 AM »
Scottish - sorry to hear you're losing your job mate, fingers crossed that you find another one soon!
Grid - hmm, I'll have a think about a meeting place, not sure if you guys want to meet in central London where theres more bars and places to meet (e.g. the Sports cafe, although that might be a bit busy on the day, but will be full of NFL fans), or if you guys want to meet up in Wembley itself?  Theres a big pub called the Green Man hotel at the top of a hill overlooking the stadium, that might be a good place to meet up - last year Colchester Gladiators had a 'tailgate' of sorts there, with stalls selling all kinds of merch, plus cheerleaders etc and it was a really popular event (had fans from all over Europe there, plus loads of players from various English teams in there jerseys too)- dont know if they're doing it again this year, but its only a 5 minute walk (down a steep hill) to the ground, so that might be a good place to meet up?  I'll have abrowse online too, to see if I can come up with any other ideas