Author Topic: 49ers at Wembley 2013  (Read 88008 times)

Offline ScottishNiner

• Starter
Re: 49ers at Wembley 2013
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2013, 05:27:10 AM »
I got 6 tickets in block 218, row 14, seats 109-104  :)

I have confirmations from several 49er fans on facebook so I know block 215, 217 will be crowded by 9er fans and Cains (a former 'Diser) will be in 518 (the level above 218)

Yeah, I expect the place to be a sea of Red and Gold.  Who cares if it's meant to be a Jags home game!

I'll be over the other side of the stadium, in Block 551, Row 16, seats 343 & 344.

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2013, 09:37:25 AM »
There's a good chance we'll see the Superbowl Champs @ Wembley this year. Wouldn't that be something! 8)

I won't know our actualy seats until a month or two before the game but I paid for sideline, club-level so hopefully that's what we'll get :)
Success is temporary, loyalty is forever.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2013, 04:41:31 PM »
I am most likely going to attend the Steelers v Vikings as well and keep my "perfect attendance" record intact  :)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2013, 05:25:22 PM »
Roger Goodell plans to expand NFL presence in London
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000209140/article/roger-goodell-plans-to-expand-nfl-presence-in-london

With both London games already sold out this season, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has visions of expanding the overseas schedule in the future.

Speaking at a New York University conference Tuesday, Goodell revealed that the NFL is planning to add a third London game each year. In fact, Goodell told the New York Post's Bart Hubbuch that there's a chance the Jacksonville Jaguars will begin playing two home games in London annually.

Welcome to the London Jaguars!

D-roc

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2013, 05:31:15 PM »
Roger Goodell plans to expand NFL presence in London
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000209140/article/roger-goodell-plans-to-expand-nfl-presence-in-london

With both London games already sold out this season, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has visions of expanding the overseas schedule in the future.

Speaking at a New York University conference Tuesday, Goodell revealed that the NFL is planning to add a third London game each year. In fact, Goodell told the New York Post's Bart Hubbuch that there's a chance the Jacksonville Jaguars will begin playing two home games in London annually.

Welcome to the London Jaguars!

Attendance might be better and they who knows they may even win 3 or 4 games per year!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2013, 05:55:01 PM »
I wonder what it will do to their attendance back "home"..... Will people be more likely to turn up if they feel their team is ready to go elsewhere or will they give up on them?

Offline Scoots

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »
Good, pick the one team name we say differently.

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2013, 04:31:48 PM »
Huh?

Offline Scoots

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2013, 01:05:16 AM »
Americans and Brits say Jaguar differently.

D-roc

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »
If something is good then more is better, right? Well, not necessarily.

Although Jaguars tight end Marcedes Lewis thinks playing overseas in London against the San Francisco 49ers this season is “awesome,” he has some slight reservations when it comes to playing two games.

“That would be tough, Lewis told FOXSports.com Saturday at his annual youth football camp. “That would be real tough. That would be a lot of miles on our body. I’m sure it will be figured out, but personally I’m not for it. I guess it’s not my decision though.”

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell indicated earlier this month that he would like to see a franchise move overseas permanently. And an idea to play two games – a road and away game – at Wembley Stadium, which was suggested by Jaguars.com, could be a good barometer to measure fan interest.

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/marcedes-lewis-loves-london-but-not-feelin-two-games/

D-roc

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2013, 10:32:24 PM »
Owner Shad Khan and the Jaguars are only focused on the one game a year the NFL wants them to play in London the next four years.

However, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell recently said the league could ask the Jaguars to play two games a year in London. Khan said Wednesday in first public comments since Goodell suggested possible multiple London games that he is "going to cross that bridge when we get to it."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9404750/shad-khan-says-jacksonville-jaguars-focused-london

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
  • I am ALWAYS right,(except when I'm wrong).
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2013, 12:48:17 AM »
Khan said Wednesday in first public comments since Goodell suggested possible multiple London games that he is "going to cross that bridge when we get to it."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9404750/shad-khan-says-jacksonville-jaguars-focused-london

WOW,that is gonna be one long bridge !!!
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

GET#SIX...and seven and eight and nine and ten... !!!

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2013, 02:52:57 AM »
Speaking of bridges, I just noticed that Chelsea will play Manchester City at Stamford Bridge the day before the niners-jags game. Could turn out to be a very expensive week-end :)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2013, 01:25:58 PM »
Be aware of possible changes due to commitments in European games!

A friend of mine bought a ticket to a game this past season only to learn the game would be moved from Saturday to Monday when he was set to go home  :P

I don't know if you are going to the other game in London but they have one of the prime local derbies - Tottenham v Chelsea - the day before Vikings v Steelers!

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2013, 06:05:12 PM »
It's not so much European games. It's television deciding when games are being broadcast. Chelsea Man C looks like a Sunday game to me unfortunately but if it stays on as a Saturday game I think we will try to get tickets.

Have you fixed your travel arrangements yet? We're flying over early Saturday and back again Monday and our hotel is in Chelsea so Stamford Bridge is close by ;)

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »
No, I have not made arrangements yet.

I expect to go to London a week before the game. I hope to be able to locate the Hotel where the 9ers will be staying in order to get autographs. I follow several players on Twitter and I even have Quinton Patton to follow me so fingers crossed....

Tottenham will be playing Hull on Saturday and since London49ers is a Spurs fan I might have a game there  ;)

I am not finalizing any plans until I know when my usual "crew" will arrive as we expect to rent an apartment in Camden like last year. Most likely they arrive on Friday and we depart together on Monday morning  :)

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2013, 07:04:47 PM »

Led by the producers of Hard Knocks, a new Discovery Channel series aims to chronicle the 49ers’ journey to London this fall.
The special, called “NFL in Season,” will follow the 49ers as they travel to Wembley Stadium to face the Jacksonville Jaguars on Oct. 27.
(show airs at 10 p.m. PT on Nov. 1).)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/09/19/49ers-to-get-hard-knocks-style-treatment-in-discovery-channel-special/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »
gridiron, hojer:

Are you going to the game this Sunday ? I haven't seen anything posted by you guys lately about your plans.

If you are there during the week you can see Joe Montana at Trafalgar Square, etc.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/10/euro-pass-joe-montana-to-hold-seminar-for-uk-quarterbacks.html

IF you are going how about some pictures posted on the site of the game and anything else you do and see during the week ?
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »
We're both going to the game. Grid is already in London and I'm flying over early Saturday (I've been in Munich all week). I plan to go to the so called Fan Fest on Trafalgar Square to  catch a glimpse of Joe Cool.

I'll try to post some pictures in the gallery here on the Dise next week.

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »
I read that Joe and Dwight Clark are going to be honorary Captains during the game,so you might be able to see them there too.
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2013, 06:08:32 PM »
International 9ers meeting at the Carlsberg Sports Bar on Friday

From left; me  ;) , Magnus Hallquist from Sweden and Brian Davis (UK Faithful co-founder)

Fortunate photo opportunity

Matt Maiocco and London49ers (Paul Kadwill) at Waxy O'Connors on Saturday

Cam Inman and Matt Barrows were also present at Waxy's on Saturday. Mindi Bach visited the Sports Bar on Friday with CSN

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »
What a great looking lot!

BTW, how did you get that photo of my sister? ;)
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2013, 06:22:48 PM »
I'll be posting more in the coming days.... I had a fantastic week  8)

Great meeting Paul Kadwill again, seeing Hojer and meeting fellow 9ers at so many occasions through the week.

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2013, 08:50:39 PM »
Thanks Grid !!! Keep them coming .
Must have been a great experience, even if the game was a yawner ?
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2013, 10:09:35 PM »
Awesome!!

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
Group photo taken at the pub, "The Green Man", before the game on Sunday. Prior to every game there is a all-NFL team tailgate there....

Joe Cool at the fan rally at Trafalgar Square on Saturday

Meeting Paul Kadwill at Waxy O'Connors on Saturday (prior to his picture with Maiocco)

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2013, 08:37:30 PM »
Grid,hojer,etc:

I saw this question on Twitter and wanted to know what your answer would be and what you think the answer of the NFL fans of London and Europe would be...

Would you rather see the Jags play 8 home games a year as the new London franchise or would you rather the League hold 8 games a year in London with 16 different teams playing per year ?

( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2013, 12:29:02 PM »
Any team that plays entirely in London will have a hard time getting FA's I think. I've heard that some players say they'd rather retire than spend all that time traveling & acclimating. So that team may be a perennial bottom feeder.

Having

the League hold 8 games a year in London with 16 different teams playing per year

makes more sense to me & means Niners would play there every other year, and once every 4 years I would lose a local home game.
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline gridiron49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2013, 03:26:48 PM »
The Jaguars in their current state are almost unwatchable!  ;)

Even though the NFL is far more popular over here than most americans realize I do NOT believe the Jaguars would be embraced as a London team (not even if they were given favors to make them competitive ie extra cap space, draft choices)

I would never change my allegiance and most people I spoke to during the last week felt the same way.

In fact most of the brits are very surprised they keep adding games in London rather than looking at different venues in the UK or Germany.

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »
The Jaguars in their current state are almost unwatchable!  ;)

Sad but true.

I don't care for the Jags and quite frankly the match-ups in London have generally been way too dull. I seriously doubt I'm going back the next couple of years unless the niners are playing again. The games they bring to London are simply not interesting enough. I don't think teams are willing to give up home-field in key divisonal games so the only way to make the games better would be to get a team to be permanently based in London. 

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »
I doubt they ever put a franchise in Europe. They seem to talk about it a lot but the League doesn't even have a team in LA for goodness sake !
Maybe if one day somebody invents a transporter like we see in the Star Trek series, it would become feasible ?
Maybe Canada or even Mexico but not Europe imho.
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2013, 08:12:43 PM »
Maybe if one day somebody invents a transporter like we see in the Star Trek series...

Do NOT volunteer to be a beta tester for that!

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2013, 06:28:37 AM »
Wicked cool Grid, thanks for sharing the pics!