Author Topic: Free Read: 2013 Season Opens With A New 49ersParadise.com  (Read 21495 times)

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
Free Read: 2013 Season Opens With A New 49ersParadise.com
« on: September 04, 2013, 08:53:06 PM »
It’s with mixed emotions that I announce the next version of 49ersParadise.com to open the 2013-2014.  Yes, as the 49ers continue their Quest for 6, 49ersParadise.com continues its question for “kaizen” - continuous improvement.  Why then all the mixed emotions? Well, it comes down to this … I believe this version of 49ersParadise.com is a big step in the right direction.  I think it offers more to the entire community, has better browser compliance, more solid back-end code, and is far more inline with the design principles 49ersParadise.com has always stood for (clean and fast-loading).  At the same time though, I recognize that there some shortcomings of the previous version of 49ersParadise.com.  It did one thing very well - it brought together many aspects of a very wide 49ersParadise.com community.  But, it was not as clean and intuitive as I would have liked.  It is rare for me to launch two major overhauls to this site in less than 12 months, but as I engaged with all of you, and heard your feedback loud and clear, it was obvious I had to do something.

I have thought long and hard about this.  The previous version of 49ersParadise.com took us to a place I never thought possible - and it laid the groundwork for what I now present to all of you.  For that, I am still partial to it - even while acknowledging its shortcomings.  Today, I am proud to present to you a version of 49ersParadise.com that I think offers all the community blend benefits of the prior version - while encompassing all of your feedback on making the site easier to read, cleaner, faster - just like the history on which this great community has been built.  I am so thankful to all of you who have taken the time to help me understand what it is that makes 49ersParadise.com “a place any 49ers fan can call home”.  I hope I continue to do you proud!

On to the good stuff… what’s new? what’s different?
Aside from cleaning up the site and making it easier to read, I have taken some major steps to improve the site’s performance and interact-ability on mobile and touch screen displays.  Those of you who visit 49ersParadise.com from a touch screen, but choose to use the full browsing version instead of m.49ersParadise.com are sure to enjoy this a great deal.

The highlight of this version has to be the way in which news is presented on the main page.  For a long time now, 49ersParadise.com has recognized that it is the conversation that is the the best part of the community.  It has the latest news, it has the most knowledgeable opinions, and it has the ability to maintain our interest.  So we have leveraged the technology built in the prior version to present you -  the reader,  with different mashups of the 49ersParadise.com community.  Want it “ALL” … use that tab to get all the 49ers news from all the different connections to 49ersParadise.com.  Choose “Paradise Press” to just zero in on the Extra Point or Blog Blitz.  The “Social” option connects facebook, twitter, and google+.  Of course, if you just want to view a certain category of news, you can do that too.  Choose “Hot Off The Press”, “Forum”, “Twitter”, “Facebook”, “Google+” to get just that type of content.  Brilliant!  Of course, you’ll find very intuitive guide colors to help you stay on track of sourcing all the latest and greatest 49ers news! 

It remains super easy to interact with 49ersPardise.com.  Jump into a twitter conversation with #4NP, Huddle about anything, or join us in the forum, on facebook, or google+ - we’ll be pleased to have you in every way!

Of course, I want to re-emphasize how thankful I am to each and every one of you.  You are my guide to making 49ersParadise.com the best place it possibly can.  I appreciate all of your support, and would suggest to everyone, to become a subscription member for sa little as $3 / month to get the most out of your 49ersParadise.com Experience - and for a limited time we are offering a special promotion to new and existing subscribers.

Special promotion:
For a limited time, 49ersParadise.com is giving away 49ers merchandise for each new subscriber of the “Red” or “Gold” package … and for existing members, if you refer a new subscriber, you both benefit from the give-a-way! Just have the new subscriber mention you as a referer when they send me their username after subscribing.  There has never been a better time to become a 49ersParadise.com susbcriber! Subscribe Now! and get some 49ers SWAG.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:11:39 PM by Bryan_Admin »
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
  • I am ALWAYS right,(except when I'm wrong).
Re: Free Read: 2013 Season Opens With A New 49ersParadise.com
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

GET#SIX...and seven and eight and nine and ten... !!!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:10:34 PM »
Thanks for fixing that TIM :)
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline TIM

• Super Bowl MVP
  • I am ALWAYS right,(except when I'm wrong).
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 09:11:58 PM »
Thanks for fixing that TIM :)
Thanks for all your hard work Bry !!! I can't count how many times I have written that over the years . Much appreciated !
( JMHO )

JOE MONTANA IS
lord of The Rings.

GET#SIX...and seven and eight and nine and ten... !!!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 09:17:51 PM »
You are most welcome!  I'm hoping we have a home that we can all enjoy!

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
Thanks Bryan for your dedication and hard work!

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 09:54:42 PM »
Thanks Bryan for your dedication and hard work!

Thanks Papa...u2