Author Topic: Need help for 49ers Game this fall  (Read 30516 times)

Offline ntodd51

• Super Bowl MVP
Need help for 49ers Game this fall
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:28:21 AM »
Alright guys. I think it's time. I am planning on making a pilgramage from Nebraska to SF for a Niners game. I promised myself awhile ago that I would go to a game at the stick before the dump was tore down. I was wondering if I can get some help. First I was hoping to do a tour of the stadium but it looks like they don't offer them up to 5 days before a game, (and we only plan on being out there a day or two)

My first question is what is the best way you guys would recommend getting tickets.. I know I can find some online.. but didn't know if you guys have people you know that sell tickets..

Next is where would it be easy to stay? We got a good deal on a place that is close to the SF airport, becasue we aren't coming out for much other than the game and some very basic sightseeing..

And last what are one or two things we HAVE to see while we are out there..

If anyone can help out with some of these things it would be GREATLY appreciated.. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:48:38 AM by ntodd51 »
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his or her patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.  - Thomas A. Edison

Offline commoncents

• Super Bowl MVP
Re: Need help for 49ers Game this fall
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
I second everything Todd just said. I too plan on finally getting out there this season. The plan so far is to go to the Panthers vs 49ers on November 10th. That's actually my birthday so that's my gift to myself
"I'm not sure fans can appreciate the balance of Steve Mariucci, nor will they ever." - Chris Collinsworth during the 2003 WC Playoff GM

Offline ntodd51

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »
HAHA.. CC that's the game we were targeting as well..
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his or her patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.  - Thomas A. Edison

Online TANK

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »
Next is where would it be easy to stay? We got a good deal on a place that is close to the SF airport, becasue we aren't coming out for much other than the game and some very basic sightseeing..

And last what are one or two things we HAVE to see while we are out there...
You have to see the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara. So impressive! I drive by everytime I am in the area. The SF Giants have a sweet stadium.

I always avoided Alcatraz, but my wife said it was a must see, so we did it in May. It is time consuming but very cool. And it provides a great view of the City.

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:34:14 PM »
I really wanted to take my dad to the stick in 2012 seasin but he passed very quickly after he was diagnosed with cancer (same type as Sweetness) now I'm planning to meet a couple of buddies of mine at Levi's if the invite still stands next season

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 07:51:43 PM »
Alright guys. I think it's time. I am planning on making a pilgramage from Nebraska to SF for a Niners game. I promised myself awhile ago that I would go to a game at the stick before the dump was tore down. I was wondering if I can get some help. First I was hoping to do a tour of the stadium but it looks like they don't offer them up to 5 days before a game, (and we only plan on being out there a day or two)

My first question is what is the best way you guys would recommend getting tickets.. I know I can find some online.. but didn't know if you guys have people you know that sell tickets..

And last what are one or two things we HAVE to see while we are out there..

If anyone can help out with some of these things it would be GREATLY appreciated.. 

NTodd--

You can certainly watch the various on-line sites for tickets.

If you give me the dates you'll be here, I can ask the people around my seats if they wanna sell. We also have a friend with tickets elsewhere & maybe he will look to sell his that week.

There's a couple of hotels (Radisson?) about 2-3 miles south of the Stick, right off 101. It's almost walking distance if you want a hike, or you can grab a cab.

And don't get me started with Alcatraz! For some unknown reason my wife loves that place, and she's dragged me there 8-10 times. t was okay for the first couple of visits, but got real old for me!

"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 08:51:39 PM »
8-10 times??? Wth??!

Offline ntodd51

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 09:42:55 AM »
Really right now.. The main focus is to get to the game.. I will look into the Radisson as well.. I think the Panthers game seems to be the target as of right now. Shouldn't have a ton of competition from Panthers fans coming to SF and they are an alright team as well.

Offline commoncents

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 07:40:30 AM »
Also looking for tickets cervent

Todd - I assume you are flying, what has the ticket prices looked like for you?
"I'm not sure fans can appreciate the balance of Steve Mariucci, nor will they ever." - Chris Collinsworth during the 2003 WC Playoff GM

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 08:13:58 AM »

Which game?

The guy who sits in front of us (2 tickets) usually sells his off (only see him twice a year). If he' there Opening Day, I can inquire.
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline ntodd51

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 08:29:50 AM »

Wife found some about 2 weeks ago for about 350 a piece. I think. To be honest she was working more towards this than I was. I'd have to ask check to be sure.

Offline commoncents

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »

Which game?

The guy who sits in front of us (2 tickets) usually sells his off (only see him twice a year). If he' there Opening Day, I can inquire.

Same game Todd was looking at. Nov 10th (my bday) vs Panthers

Wife found some about 2 weeks ago for about 350 a piece. I think. To be honest she was working more towards this than I was. I'd have to ask check to be sure.

Oh ok, the lowest i've seen so far is $440 from Atl to Sac. I'm having to fly there because I have family near the base there.

Offline commoncents

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
Plane booked, Hotel booked, Got my game tickets. Ready to roll out Wed.

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »
Hopefully Kap and Co. will give you a nice birthday present on Sunday.

I'm worried about that Panthers defense though. This game looks a lot more difficult now than it did in the pre-season.
Success is temporary, loyalty is forever.

Offline commoncents

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 10:57:52 AM »
Agreed. They've been playing really well the past few weeks. Why wouldn't they play like this when they played Seattle.

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »
CC & NTodd - I just PM'd you with some info

Offline commoncents

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 07:37:09 AM »
Despite the loss, had a great time in SF. Sorry didn't make it up to your area cervant. When I realized how far I had to walk to get over there, I changed my mind lol

Offline DejaVu

• Probation
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »
This place has decent prices sometimes on 49ers tickets: http://www.clickitticket.com/nfl-tickets/San-Francisco-49ers.htm