Author Topic: FREE READ: The Evolution of 49ersParadise.com Continues  (Read 18504 times)

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
FREE READ: The Evolution of 49ersParadise.com Continues
« on: January 18, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »
January 2011

A little over a year ago, 49ersParadise.com underwent a major overhaul.  At the core were improvements to the overall design, forum, and social networking capabilities of the site.  Today, I am pleased to announce the next generation of 49ersParadise.com just in time (albeit a few weeks late) to usher in a new coach, and hopefully a winning era of 49ers Football.  With this new design, 49ersParadise.com continues to bring our community to the forefront of the site; at the same time - emerging technology around touch screen computing has strongly factored into the new design.

On the main page of the site you will notice that the Huddle is easily accessible, and designed to allow you to easily chat with members throughout the site.  This feature has moved from the Clubhouse Community Bar and moved it to an even more prominent position.  49ersParadise.com has similarly moved most of the features from the Clubhouse Community Bar to one of two areas, either: a) the new forum tab, that allows direct access to the entire forum right from the main page of the site; or b) the new community tab, which highlights 49ersParadise.com’s connection to social media including: facebook, twitter, flickr, and fantasy football.  These community elements, along with the RSS links are also available in varied ways in the site header and footer.

The overall design goal remains to offer a “clean”, fast-loading, and full features 49ers site.  In this latest iteration, I have strongly factored in touch screen computing to our design decisions.  I recognize that more and more people are visiting the site from a mobile device.  Although I continue to fully support m.49ersparadise.com designed for small screened devices, I am pleased to be able to support a full browsing solution for the iPad, Galaxy Tab, and similar devices. You should notice larger “buttons” to accommodate for easy touch gesturing.  As always I aim for an overall design that is pleasing to the eye, quick to download, and built around solid clean code.  I believe I have once again accomplished this task.

The site has been tested to provide consistent performance on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and Symbian.  Although I test a variety of the latest web browsers on each platform, if you notice a quirk or two, or have any comments at all - I welcome and encourage your feedback.  This is also a good time to remember to upgrade your browser :)

I could not go on without thanking all of you who visit regularly, and who contribute to the site in so many ways. In particular, I want to thank the site staff who administrate, moderate, and write for the site. Of course, there are many community members who are veterans of the site, whose opinions I rely on and count on to help keep the community strong. A sincere thank you to everyone.

Thank you for remaining faithful to the 49ers, and 49ersParadise.com

Read the whole site history
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:44:40 PM by Bryan_Admin »
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
Re: FREE READ: The Evolution of 49ersParadise.com Continues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:14 PM »
Thanks B. Love the new entry and how it all works and looks.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:21 PM »
Thanks Papa. I put a ton of work into it. Happy to hear people are enjoying it.
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline Bob

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 12:34:50 PM »
Bryan, you made it alot easier to view the site on my droid. That alone makes the facelift amazing.

A+
(I confess, I have an active imagination and daydream often).
-Tank

December 3rd, 6:41 PM

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 02:36:20 PM »
Thanks Bob... remember we m.49ersparadise.com too

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »
It just gets better the more I use it!

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 07:02:32 PM »
B - is the plan to move the forum to a similar look 'n feel?
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »
Hmmm, now it does. Maybe something in my browser cache and/or cookies?
"Show me a man with a sense of pride, and I'll show you a guy with limited options."

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »
No, I've got a bookmark that takes me to the old forum (.../forum). If I go there via the home page, I get the new format.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 09:10:43 PM »
Cervant. I am bot following you. Can you be more specific?

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 04:10:37 PM »
If I go to the forum from the home page, it has the new look and feel.

If I go there via a bookmark (http://www.49ersparadise.com/forum/) I get the old.

Offline cervant

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »
Another small oddity, B - when you go to the new L&F for the Forum, the "49ers Literally" section is missing fro the list of topics.

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 09:45:46 AM »
Hey All,
I had to remove the Auction from the main page to make room of Literally.  I'm sure this was an ok trade.  Thanks cervant for bringing into to my attention.

As far as "old" look for the forum ... 49ersparadise.com/forum from what I can tell looks as it should.  The look on the main page for the forum - for the time being at least, is only for the main page.  So if you click any link on the main page forum, it should look like /forum does.

In other words.  The main page forum "tab" should look new, and different from "/forum" but this is intentional as the former is the forum within the main site, and the latter is the forum as "stand alone"

Finally,
if you access the forum from m.49ersparadise.com or by clicking a link to "mobile forum" you should get a different display all together.  However, if you can easily switch back to the normal display by clicking "normal forum"

Does that match what everyone is experiencing?  Does it clear things up?

Offline hojer49

• Super Bowl MVP
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 07:17:19 AM »
Looks fine on my HTC.
Success is temporary, loyalty is forever.